• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Reforged] Animation Transfer + Polish Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey folks. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is adept enough with Retera's Model Studio to fulfill a few seemingly simple animation transfer + polish requests.

As many of us know, Warcraft III: Reforged possesses a few units that have overlooked animation issues, where Blizzard / Lemon Sky decided to copy and paste (or outright neglect) certain attack animations, rather than fill additional animation slots with unique animations. Some of these units include the High Elf Swordsman, Arthas with Frostmourne, Fel Orc Grom Hellscream and Rexxar. These aforementioned units merely have their attack 1 animation copied and pasted to fill their attack 2 animation slot, giving off the impression that they were rushed.

I was fooling around with the animation transfer feature in Retera's Model Studio and attempted to transfer the attack animations from a few of the polished units to their similar counterparts. I was able to transfer the Blood Elf Lieutenants second attack animation to the High Elf Swordsman, the Beastmaster's first attack animation to Rexxar and Hellscream's second attack animation to Fel Orc / Chaos Hellscream, but there were a few attachment issues with the transfers during animation.

Concerning the High Elf Swordsmen, the transferred attack animation is almost perfect, aside from minor clipping issues with the arm holding the shield. In Hellscream's case, Fel Orc Hellscream's imported attack 2 animation from the standard Hellscream animates almost perfectly, aside from Gorehowl (his axe) floating in the air rather than being in Fel Hellscream's grasp. In Rexxar's case, his actual body animates perfectly when he is using the Beastmaster's imported attack 1 animation. but his axes flail around in the air and are detached from his arms. Concerning Arthas with Frostmourne, I didn't actually try to import Uther's overhead attack animation, but I fear that the animation keys and bone structure differ too much to make it work.

I noticed that there was a ChaosRobie fellow creating and uploading a few Reforged edits, so I wonder if my requests are possible to fulfill as well. I would very much appreciate someone finishing and fixing what Blizzard has failed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.