• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Receiving "The game was not found" error when I host any maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not sure where to place my issue sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've been guesting on this site for a couple of years and I figured someone here might know how to fix this problem. My maps all work in single player and campaign but when I create the same maps in LAN the error "The game was not found" pops up. These maps can be custom maps from this site or regular Blizzard maps, it's the same result for me.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

This is a screenshot of my error^

Level 2
Yes updating to the most recent version is what has caused this error. I've tried reinstalling & I always run as admin.

Level 2
I have some like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps - which has all of the default Blizzard maps here. (Not sure how to do spoiler tag sorry.)

Notice that the small icon next to the map name seems to be different to what it used to be before the update & is blank.

wV7d3AD.jpg

Then this is my documents folder, it shows the folders but I can't actually see the maps here:

DYjiGmY.jpg

Thanks for the assistance btw.

Level 2
I figured that would be the solution, but before I moved anything I'm wondering why I only get this error sometimes & not all the time? Any ideas? Sometimes it allows me to host LAN games then other times it provides the error.

Level 11
My best guess is that some but not all of the old filepaths in the game were properly updated. People were noticing that you could still run the game with local files in the wc3 directory after the first patch came out, and that still hasn't been entirely fixed.

Level 2
My best guess is that some but not all of the old filepaths in the game were properly updated. People were noticing that you could still run the game with local files in the wc3 directory after the first patch came out, and that still hasn't been entirely fixed.
Makes sense. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.