• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Re-Inventing Terrains: Black Sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, this is my latest terrain idea: Digg up some old terrain and re-invent it, change it into something else, but keep some tracks of what was with the old one. I did so with my old, and hopefully very much liked, Gravity Sphere. What have happened to this terrain since you last saw it is that the sphere did malfunction, and turned into something that mimics a black hole, instead of making things float, it drags stuff towards it, no matter if its ground trees or other objects.

Hope you like my new idea and new terrain ^^

Attachments

• Gravity Sphere.jpg
    Gravity Sphere.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Gravity Sphere v2.jpg
    Gravity Sphere v2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 287
Level 7
Your latest idea? You just ninjaed this from WoW:p

I like it though, I look forward to see more of this popping up.
Just one thing: The fog in the background is too heavy.

Level 10
Hehe, I was just thinking like Arcany. Got some inspiration from Cataclysm eh? ;P
Anyway, this is a really cool remake. But shouldn't the rocks have been sucked in by the "black hole"? Or does the thing just pull things towards it but not suck it in?

You focus too much on the main part of the terrain (the sphere) and since you put too much of effort into it, you miss the appetite to get yourself busy with the surroundings. The ground tiles and the plants along with the trees are way too unrealistic and clumsy-placed. I'd use different tiles and avoid using those messy mushrooms. Idea is good, nothing perfect, but well done.

Level 36
You focus too much on the main part of the terrain (the sphere) and since you put too much of effort into it, you miss the appetite to get yourself busy with the surroundings. The ground tiles and the plants along with the trees are way too unrealistic and clumsy-placed. I'd use different tiles and avoid using those messy mushrooms. Idea is good, nothing perfect, but well done.

I completely disagree >.>

I focused much on the surroundings, and I cant personally see how you get yourself to say such a thing. I wanted the terrain to seem quite barren, and I like the tiles. The Mushrooms? Yes, maybe I should've just removed them, but I figured that since there was some in the main one, I would have at least one or two in the re-worked one. Only thing I can agree on is that the normal lordaron rocks should've been tinted...

Status
Not open for further replies.