• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ranged heroes bash triggers spell shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
You could fake it with PauseUnitEx and a DDS. You could try making whatever applies the stun an ultimate ability so maybe it pierces the spell shield (I don't know if this would still trigger the shield or what, but ultimates ignore spell immunity/resistant skin). You could do this by applying it with a dummy cast storm bolt by a hero-type dummy with storm bolt as an ultimate, or try flagging the bash spell as an ultimate.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
You could fake it with PauseUnitEx and a DDS. You could try making whatever applies the stun an ultimate ability so maybe it pierces the spell shield (I don't know if this would still trigger the shield or what, but ultimates ignore spell immunity/resistant skin). You could do this by applying it with a dummy cast storm bolt by a hero-type dummy with storm bolt as an ultimate, or try flagging the bash spell as an ultimate.
Unfortunately, spell shield works even against ultimates.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
When I use PauseUnitEx the GUI for this unit is gone (there are no abilities or commands). Is there any other method or what to do to prevent the gui from turning black?
1678541446088.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That's not PauseUnitEx, that's Pause.
  • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_YourUnit, true)
  • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_YourUnit, false)
This function is only available through code (custom script). Also, it can really screw things up if you don't understand how it works.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
That's not PauseUnitEx, that's Pause.
  • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_YourUnit, true)
  • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_YourUnit, false)
This function is only available through code (custom script). Also, it can really screw things up if you don't understand how it works.
I did something like that. It works but please tell me is this done correctly?

My question is, am I not doing something that once a unit is stunned, I can't stun it again? Like does stun trigger works for already stunned unit?

• Bash
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • IsDamageAttack Equal to True
      • (DamageEventTarget belongs to an enemy of (Owner of DamageEventSource).) Equal to True
      • (DamageEventTarget is A structure) Equal to False
      • (DamageEventSource is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit u = udg_DamageEventTarget
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set VariableSet CV = (Custom value of DamageEventTarget)
          • Set VariableSet AR_Counter[CV] = (AR_Counter[CV] + 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • AR_Counter[CV] Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_DamageEventTarget, true)
              • Unit - Add Stunned (buff) to DamageEventTarget
            • Else - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Custom script: set udg_AR_Unit = u
          • Set VariableSet CV = (Custom value of AR_Unit)
          • Set VariableSet AR_Counter[CV] = (AR_Counter[CV] - 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • AR_Counter[CV] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_AR_Unit, false)
              • Unit - Remove Stunned (buff) from AR_Unit
              • Set VariableSet AR_Counter[CV] = 0
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: set u = null

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can call this function:
  • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_DamageEventTarget, true)
As many times as you want. You just need to make sure that you undo it the same number of times:
The logic is pretty straightforward, a unit has 0 stun counters by default and isn't considered stunned. Calling this function as true will +1 this counter, check if it's equal to 1, and stun the unit if so. Calling this function as false will -1 this counter, check if it's now equal to 0, and unstun the unit if so.

You could make a unit "stun immune" by making sure this counter is always < 0 which is pretty neat. Or, if you're not careful, you can permanently stun a unit if you increase the counter above 0 and fail to subtract it back down again.

Your trigger looks good though, AR_Counter serves useful as a way to Add/Remove the "buff" ability and prevent the function from stacking.

Here's the same trigger after I cleaned some things up:
  • Bash
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • IsDamageAttack Equal to True
      • (DamageEventTarget belongs to an enemy of (Owner of DamageEventSource).) Equal to True
      • (DamageEventTarget is A structure) Equal to False
      • (DamageEventSource is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_AR_Unit = udg_DamageEventTarget
      • Set VariableSet CV = (Custom value of udg_AR_Unit)
      • Set VariableSet AR_Counter[CV] = (AR_Counter[CV] + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • AR_Counter[CV] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_AR_Unit, true)
          • Unit - Add Stunned (buff) to udg_AR_Unit
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 1.00 second game-time
      • Set VariableSet CV = (Custom value of AR_Unit)
      • Set VariableSet AR_Counter[CV] = (AR_Counter[CV] - 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • AR_Counter[CV] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Stunned (buff) from AR_Unit
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: set udg_AR_Unit = null
I don't love the usage of Waits but if you don't care then whatever.

Also, I assume you'll have some Condition to check if the (Damage source) actually has the Bash ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.