• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

quick one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
1) i'm using a skill based on permanent invisibility... it is supposed to make my unit invisible after a short time... everything goes fine... but the problem is that i want a buff to appear when the unit is invisible... but it does not... any idea?

2) i want an special effect (based on tornado) to come out attached to unit when an skill is casted (on main hands legs head and overhead)... but for some strange reason sometimes i cast the ability and the special effect is shown... but sometimes don't... no matter the way i cast it or at the time i create the special effect (in triggers) sometimes it is shown and sometimes it is not.. Why could this be happening?

Level 11
but the permanent invisibility is meant to achieve what i need... but for some strange reason it is not showing the buff icon on the status ...

ive been searching for this and couldnt find anything... also looked into an open version of dota and rikimarus skill is exactly the same as mine... but mine doesnt show the buff ... :/

Level 11
yes... i manage to do the icon thing my self with a dummy ability based on evasion... but i think the buff should be displayed by itself... and i dont know how to identify when the unit is invisible... but i guess i can do something about it... or maybe make a post in the spell section

EDIT: Maybe if admins allow me to ... i can post the jass trigger i found on the open version of dota... for some jasser to read it for me...

EDIT2:... guess im gonna have to make a way to detect when the unit attacks or casts spells wait for 5 seconds and add the buff... but also detect if the unit attacks and restart the trigger...

EDIT3: about the second issue... ive solved it by adding a longer wait... from 0.1 to 0.2... that seems solved the problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.