• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question About Maps That You Can Download From This Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
ok I just downloaded a map from this site (the one where you can click at the top of this page on "maps" and choose from tons of maps)

well my question is if on those maps, are they ready to play...like the triggers have been set and all, or is it just a map and nothing more?

thanks,

-ps2maniac

Level 1
yes I know that what I am asking is that are the maps ready to be played or do you have to do all the stuff like triggers, creeps, ect?

Level 12
Well Shados there are maps there like that, so it is a legitimate questions. The answer is that most of them are ready to be played and the only way to know is to download it and play it. Soon there will be a huge overhaul of that section and we will get it all sorted out, most of it is gobbledeegook anyways.

Level 1
ok well my next question is this:

I just downloaded a map, and when I go to my documents (thats where I saved it) I click on it, then click on run, then it comes up to the window where you have to select an application to run the program.....I click on browse, then find the World Editor and select it to open the map.....but when I click on it it loads up the World Editor, but it just comes to a blank map, not the one I clicked to open...

what is the problem?

Level 12
Is the problem solved then? I am confused by what you said Victor, please explain.

Level 2
To play a downloaded map:

1: Unzip the file:

In windows xp, simply double click it and drag the file out of the zip folder.
In other os you have to use a utility like 'winzip' to remove the file.

2: Copy the map to the correct folder:

You shouldn't save it in 'My Documents.' Move it here:

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

3: Play the map:

Run Warcraft III Frozen Throne.
Choose 'single player'.
Choose 'custom game'.
Find your file and play it! :)

-Miz

ps. If you don't see your file after you go to custom game then you are not already in the 'Download' folder. While looking at the 'custom game' screen, at the top of the game-list, there is a button that says 'up one level.' Press that until you see the 'download' folder. There you go. :)

Level 12
*Ignores the sarcasm from Shados*

Not everyone might say whether or not they made everything onto it, so it still stands that it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.