• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Programs capable of blending vertices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before my old computer crashed, I could use the Vertex Modifier to bind vertices to two seperate bones. I most commonly used this on elbows and knees of my old models, to smooth the joints out during movement.

Unfortunately, I've lost the ability to use Vertex Modifier, and don't have any programs or tools I can use to bind vertices the way I used to. If anyone has noticed, I've been adding in two elbow/knee joints with Milkshape in an attempt to mimic that effect, though I'd rather not have to.

Are there any other simple programs I can use for this?

Level 51
Jeah sure.

You open up your model in Mdlvis. (I recommend the english one, as some parts of it are translated).

In the top left corner there is the "Modules" tab. You click on it, then go to the sequence editor.

Three new sub-tabs appear: Bones, Anims and Movement.

What we need is "Bones". Click on it and all your bones should appear in the window. All you need to do now is to select the geoset(s) you want to edit in the window to the right.

To attach vertices to bones, just select the vertices you need. Your "tools" (on the right border right above your geoset list) will change.

Then you have two options. You can either assign multiple bones by selecting a bone (either in the window or from the list in the top right corner) and pressing the grey button (attach vertices) with the green plus, or you can assign it to only one bone with the pure grey button. (Reattach vertices)

You can also detach bones but I do not recommend that. It often bugs. If you chose the wrong bones just clear it with the grey button and start to add new ones with the green plus.

1 - find sequence editor
2 - 'bones' sub-tab
3 - select the desire bone u wish to attach/re-attach/unattach vertices to (as proxy said tho, unattaching is buggy. recommend just to use re-attach)
4 -
>red box: all ur basic program tools; select/zoom/rotate/move
>black arrow: u can select/de-select vertices via drag-n-dropping, ctrl-click, and shift-click
>orange: all ur vertex-attaching tools
>yellow: all ur geosets. u can hide geosets which u arent currently editing so the wireframe is less confusing
>green: list of bones that currently selected verticies are attached to

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.png
    2.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.png
    3.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.png