• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with win condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings, well I´m making a strategy game where people sends their armies fighting each other. For more information read bellow:

There are 2 teams each has 4 players. At the start each player picks a race (each race can be picked once or it depends on game mode) and he gets a hero which can build structures and cast spells. This hero will spawn in the Construction pool where you build barracks, research centers, supportive buildings etc. this hero can´t move into the battlefield. Every player has starting income 20 gold per sec which can be improved by building structures but final income is for every rase same.

Every time you hire unit it will move into Pre-battle pool which has 3 parts. You can send units from this pool by using you Command center´s book ability Send (1st part, 2nd part, 3rd part) and they´ll move to the opposing side attacking every enemy.

Every race has unique special building, hero and 6 base units. First u need to build your Command center to gain basic income and open rest buildings. Then you need to build Research center where you need to research your units which allows possibility to hire them. Each unit has 2 types - basic which you get after first research and the second - improved version of the basic unit. Each race has his own pros and cons - humans are weakness, cheap but has specialized units for each situation. Elementals has the most powerfull units but ofc the most expensive. Elves have a lot of rangers and spellcasters but miss tanks etc.

The problem:
As you can see I have quite clear idea about the game but I miss the win condition. If u have any idea pls tell me.:sad:

Level 3
Well, since the hero can't move into the battlefield, perhaps you should let the regular units (both allies and those from the hostile/enemy team) be able to move in to the area where the Hero(s) is/are, and let the win condition be that the other teams hero(s) are dead?

If it's 4v4, all 4 heros has to die for the surviving team to win.
If it's 2v2, same conditions, etc.

I guess that would be the most fitting win condition - also, the easiest one to do.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, since the hero can't move into the battlefield, perhaps you should let the regular units (both allies and those from the hostile/enemy team) be able to move in to the area where the Hero(s) is/are, and let the win condition be that the other teams hero(s) are dead?

If it's 4v4, all 4 heros has to die for the surviving team to win.
If it's 2v2, same conditions, etc.

I guess that would be the most fitting win condition - also, the easiest one to do.

Hey, that´s not bad idea at all. I´ll try it and see. Thanks a lot :thumbs_up:

Level 33
Or simply make it just like Castle Fight map ?
A HQ is given each to a corresponding team and they need to defend it by building barracks, research center around or in front of the castle to protect/destroy enemies' HQ
Simple explanation through... drawing ?

HQ ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BATTLEFIELD<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HQ

>>>>>> and <<<<<< represents paths for the created units to move on head to battle
For clearer understanding, please download Castle Fight v1.15b

Status
Not open for further replies.