• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Play unit animation while unit is walking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hey everyone!

I've encountered a problem that I am hoping you can help me to solve.

I want to queue a unit's stand animation WHILE it is walking. As far as I know there are two ways of doing this:

You can: change the unit into another unit that has it's walking animation replaced with it's standing animation - Problem: The filesize will be too big, it is not worth the sacrifice in my specific case.

You can: Trigger the unit (somehow) to remove it's walking animation/force it to play it's standing animation.

I am currently running a "every 0.03 seconds" trigger, in which I've tried to put a "play unit's Stand animation." action - The results are not that great, I am looking for something better, my unit gets parkinsons from this solution.

There should be some kind of JASS code FORCING the unit to que a animation, or removing it's walking animation entirely temporarily.

+rep to any participants of this solution, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.