• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

People are blind this days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Seriously, students in my class are totally blind. Saying people who got good score by cheating as smart. Smart?!? With cheating, this is what I called LOL.

Do they know what is the meaning of study?

Just wondering though, how about in your school? Is this normal?
Well, I'm in Indonesia and can I say, more than 50% students in here are cheating. Maybe 75 or 90, LOL

Well, I never cheating when exam, but because of that, I got lower score than the other. :( . Should I cheating just like them? Being "right" is so hard this day..

Level 15
Believe me, people are not blind to it, they just don't want to see it. What would it mean for that college's reputation if tomorrow 50 ~ 75% of their students got punished or suspended for cheating? It would get out in the local newspaper at the very least, not to mention the damage to the future student numbers.

I'm on a college where 70% of the students cheated on more than one occasion and the professors are aware of it. But after we all finish college, the ones who cheated would have to find a political or other connection to get a job, while you can rely on your knowledge. And if they fail to slack their way to a decent job, it's McDonald's for them.

Level 23
I usually dont cheat, even tho I cant admit I didnt cheat on all exams, I did cheat on around 3 or 4 during last 4 years.

And yes I have 1 classmate, who basically writes 2 papers worth of text on the table and opens notebook while teacher doesnt look and he just checked lol, but now its getting back to him, mainly because the final exams dont allow any cheathing, and they will get you if you cheat :D

Level 2
Sadly, contrary to certain ethical adages, cheaters do sometimes get away with it. Yet, not always. In fact, more often than not, they are indeed caught.
I've just finished high school, and am about to enter into university. At least twice in my high school career, one or two exam candidates were discovered to be cheating, and they faced a harsh penalty.

I guess the moral is: rather don't cheat. There's a possibility you may proceed unnoticed, true, but it's lower than the probability that you'll be discovered - then you're in big trouble, especially in academic circles such as college! Not to mention, abstinence from cheating helps one build integrity and essential work habits, which employers look for in interviews, whereas cheating does the exact opposite: that release of rewarding dopamine one receives when staring at a good mark on a paper after cheating encourages one to cheat once again - if the shortcut worked once, then it could work a second time, right?
Wrong. Human nature can be awfully deceptive. Just stick with the high road, man. It'll serve you well in the future. :grin:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Actually, starting to think about it, there's quite a few people in here who cheat too.

We had a course/discipline named Programming Laboratories in which you received a sheet with a programming work to code. The following week, we had to present ourselves in class and write the program* in 3 hours and without notebooks, which we supposedly prepared during the week in which the sheet was divulged.
One of my former teachers, who happened to monitor that course too, said he caught quite a few cheaters, as the lot of them weren't exactly discrete. If the teacher turned his back, they'd start writing, but if he sat behind them, they just wouldn't do anything.

Then, at my university, teachers use a program which detects similarities between programs and cheap tricks like changing variable names. The same teacher told me he thought it was bluffing too, but it seems it's actually real and it works. Professors who use the program usually are suspicious of cases where similarity is above 70%, which happens in like 15 or so cases in every work, but they just let it go—except for flagrant occurrences like 90% similarity. 6 students got flunked in the Programming Principles course due to this.

If you should or shouldn't... well, some have argued that by writing those small papers you end up studying. This has been my case: every time I wrote one of those tiny papers to hide in my pocket, I ended up not needing them because I already knew what was written on it. Same with writing things to the graphical calculator's memory.

Level 23
Actually, starting to think about it, there's quite a few people in here who cheat too.

We had a course/discipline named Programming Laboratories in which you received a sheet with a programming work to code. The following week, we had to present ourselves in class and write the program, which we supposedly prepared during the week in which the sheet was divulged.
One of my former teachers, who happened to monitor that course too, said he caught quite a few cheaters, as the lot of them weren't exactly discrete. If the teacher turned his back, they'd start writing, but if he sat behind them, they just wouldn't do anything.

Then, at my university, teachers use a program which detects similarities between programs and cheap tricks like changing variable names. The same teacher told me he thought it was bluffing too, but it seems it's actually real and it works. Professors who use the program usually are suspicious of cases where similarity is above 70%, which happens in like 15 or so cases in every work, but they just let it go—except for flagrant occurrences like 90% similarity. 6 students got flunked in the Programming Principles course due to this.

If you should or shouldn't... well, some have argued that by writing those small papers you end up studying. This has been my case: every time I wrote one of those tiny papers to hide in my pocket, I ended up not needing them because I already knew what was written on it. Same with writing things to the graphical calculator's memory.

yea, write them once, twice, 3 times or even more, but dont use them.

I once had paper of stuff in my desk and teacher found it and I received 5(eqiuvalent for F) even tho I didnt use it once :D

I was said that they use something similar here too, and they also use such programs on documentations, and they caught someone who copied wikipedia as well :D

at least on the uni where I graduated from, when professors actually see someone cheating, they do get reprimanded... even bought to the Disciplinary Tribunal for possible suspension or expulsion depending on the professors, but mostly, they just get 0 for the exam or a failing grade on the subject, but some do send them to the SDT...

Level 35
Hmm, well at my university if one was caught cheating; expelled. But I only have knowledge of a few cheating attempts, a few being 3... and 2 of those not at my own university.

One of them was a case of another person pretending to be the one who was actually to take the written exam. But again had it been discovered he would have been expelled and had to retake if not the entire study, then the whole year at another university.

Also if anything is caught when they check written reports depending on the amount it was either rejection of the paper (meaning having to make another, and retake exams so forth) or expulsion (and in very severe cases actually reported to the police).

So no, not a good thing to cheat if caught, and in general not really common in Denmark.

Level 15
How about this?
Almost all students are not study. I heard they said "Are you study?" Then the other say "I even don't know what is the exam"

And many people ask the answer to me. On last year, I create mistake to share my answer. And in this new year, I will never share my answer. And if they ask to, I will give wrong answer, LOL. What do you think?

Level 6
How about this?
Almost all students are not study. I heard they said "Are you study?" Then the other say "I even don't know what is the exam"

And many people ask the answer to me. On last year, I create mistake to share my answer. And in this new year, I will never share my answer. And if they ask to, I will give wrong answer, LOL. What do you think?

Teach them how to know the answer not give them the answer..

I will tell you a story..

I have a classmate he always get high score in math during exams because of cheating and since he is expert he never been caught..

After graduating he applied for a job.. he fired because he don't know how to use the calculator and he can't solve even the simple multiplication problem..

That's the result in cheating...

I think teachers must not punish the cheaters because even students cheat their wage is not reduced.....

I think the cheaters must realize that why do they pay tuition for school if they learn by cheating?.. THEY JUST WASTING THE MONEY!..

Level 7
I have never cheated and I will never cheat.I prefer to know that I did my best and I got the grade with hard work than get a high mark that I don't deserve.

Level 5
For me,
If I has try many times to find the right answer but don't find one, I see the correct answer first and then find a way to get the answer through notes that teacher gave to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.