• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Patch 3.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
its interesting that in the first paragraph it states that its expected to be the last major patch til Cataclysm. if you remember back about 2 years ago BT opened up and was on farm status withen 3 months. so then came sunwell which was not supposed to be released at the time [or even yet maybe]. how long do you all anticipate icecrown citadel being on farm status. another possible problem with it coming out now is cataclysm is going to have a level cap of only 5 more levels. for those of you who had teir 6 gear on your toons what was the first level you replaced any teir 6? if you cant see where i am going with that the issue is teir 10 is still going to be prime most likely with maybe a few peices of gear that can be replaced from deathwing or azhara or [and im only assuming their is going to be an old god] whatever the last boss will be. so most likely starting here soon your going to be wearing teir 10 for about 4 years give or take.

Level 14
Yeah, i noticed that too, but they say that its the ''pineacle'' to the WOTLK game, then that means we will get Cataclysm along with tier 10 items at christmas like we did at WOTLK last year, but i think that they should have waited more till that and made another event....

Level 9
Crawdaddy - T10 for 4 years ... biggest load of BS I've ever heard. There will be upgrades from the freaking heroic dungeons of Cata.
Sure we'll only be levelling to 85 - but doesn't mean the gear will increase at the same pase. We'll be getting upgrades the second we hit 85.

In the mean time, I'm gunna go back to the PTR to finish testing this sheet

Level 5
Crawdaddy - T10 for 4 years ... biggest load of BS I've ever heard. There will be upgrades from the freaking heroic dungeons of Cata.
Sure we'll only be levelling to 85 - but doesn't mean the gear will increase at the same pase. We'll be getting upgrades the second we hit 85.

In the mean time, I'm gunna go back to the PTR to finish testing this sheet

aparently i once again have to ask the question of... at what level did you first upgrade from any peice of Tier 6. when i first hit northrend on my tier 6 druid the first thing i replaced was my weapon at level 78 aside from gems of course. hell my least geared toon didnt even get an upgrade til 73 and that toon had no raid epics. im not saying there wont be any upgrade at all. i am saying that there is a good chance that not all of your gear will be upgraded. im highly anticipating that there will only be one tier set or not at all in cataclysm as there was 4 tier sets released with WOTLK (unlike the 3 we had thru that last ex-pac and vanilia) .

Level 13
aparently i once again have to ask the question of... at what level did you first upgrade from any peice of Tier 6. when i first hit northrend on my tier 6 druid the first thing i replaced was my weapon at level 78 aside from gems of course. hell my least geared toon didnt even get an upgrade til 73 and that toon had no raid epics. im not saying there wont be any upgrade at all. i am saying that there is a good chance that not all of your gear will be upgraded. im highly anticipating that there will only be one tier set or not at all in cataclysm as there was 4 tier sets released with WOTLK (unlike the 3 we had thru that last ex-pac and vanilia) .
Prepare for dissapointment. There are going to be something like 3-4 armor sets.

very very very doubtful

Absolutely not. There are already five raids in the works for Cataclysm, and progression without tiers is completely stupid. Let's be real, sets are better than single items, because of the set bonuses, and people will almost always pick a set instead of many different items at the same iLevel.

Level 5
Absolutely not. There are already five raids in the works for Cataclysm, and progression without tiers is completely stupid. Let's be real, sets are better than single items, because of the set bonuses, and people will almost always pick a set instead of many different items at the same iLevel.

why did we raid zul aman? remember sunwell? yes there was teir 6 in sunwell but alot of the gear you got from sun motes was far better then the tier 6 you picked up there not to mention tier 6 still only had 4 piece bonus with 8 pieces (at least when i quit playing it did). progression happens with or without better tier gear.

Level 9
With all due respect crawdaddy... you obviously don't understand how Blizzard can make things work. Sure we can level from 80-85, but it could take us twice as long as it did for us to level from 70-80! Even though it's only half the levels. It could take us the same length of time. or even half the time. It has yet to be announced.
Now, let me quote from mmo-champion =)
They're just numbers. We don't think it starts getting scary until the human mind literally has trouble processing the digits. If your new staff has 152,420 spell power, well, yeah that's a mouthful. But if your new staff has 4000 spell power, the only thing that can really be freaking you out is that 4000 is just a really big number compared to the 100 spell power you might be used to. Automobiles used to cost hundreds of dollars instead of tens of thousands of dollars too.... Smiley

When players say we had scaling problems in Lich King, what they mean (or at least what they *should* mean) is that we picked the end numbers we wanted for percentages such as crit and dodge and then picked ratings that would get us there. When we inflated the item levels to account for hard modes (with a little help from things like glyphs too) then the percentages ended up higher than we intended. That doesn't mean that exponential scaling on gear is bad. It just means that we misjudged our endpoints.

Gear inflation is just part of MMOs, or at least the kind of MMO that we make. Players are going to freak when they see the Cataclysm gear (because believe me, we did), but it's also exciting too.

That was from a post by ghostcrawler (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/21048550817-increasing-stats--to-what-end.html)
This obviously suggests gear will continue to be added. Most item from BC to Wotlk were not upgradeable until level 80, heck - Ensidia got their world firsts in mainly Sunwell gear! but every item that dropped in nAxx, sarth and maly... was an upgrade for one person or another! Every item that dropped in the 10 man versions was an upgrade... Heck, every epic that dropped in the dungeon heroics was an upgrade!

So, even though there are 5 less levels... you need to learn to understand the concept of gear scaling craw! And since you don't play anymore - maybe you won't be able to.
For the 4 piece set bonuses now... you only need 4 pieces.

The first raid in Catacylsym (which I imagine will provide T11) will provide upgrades better then anythingin wotlk (Though who knows... maybe shadowmourne and Valan'yr might be an exception =p)

Status
Not open for further replies.