• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Outland Risk Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
OK so if you want to see the terrain for Outland Risk, whats done so far, you can click on the link in my sig. What this thread is really about though is getting the source material. I have WoW and all that, I'm not asking for a free account, but I want to explore the instances as well, and move quickly through Outland on the quickest mount, which I can't do either of with my level 70.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of a better way to explore Outland quickly and fully? Maybe a 3-d map or 3-d powerpoint of Black Temple or something. I tried a free server, but it only gave me a level 80 character with like tier 7. I'd need a character that would be like what admins have. Anyone have a solution?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, it seemed better then off-topic as this is about my map and developing the terrain, and it didn't really fit anywhere else.

Thanks for any help!

P.S. I would really appreciate any feedback on the current terrain of Outland Risk, if anyone please would :). Thanks again!

Edit: Pics!

ALL TERRAIN DONE BY ZIZUZAZU

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_111210_181015_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111210_181015_01.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 294
  • WC3ScrnShot_111210_181330_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111210_181330_02.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 289
  • WC3ScrnShot_111210_181625_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111210_181625_04.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 229
  • WC3ScrnShot_111210_181813_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_111210_181813_05.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Tourney loss.w3g
    76.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 18
Ok first of all please add som screenshots people dont like clicking links. Ok now to answer your question i know their is a tool wich alllows you to see the World of Warcraft although that tool is not for download anymore that i know. You also could make a WoW server yourself but since this is not legal im not gona say anything else about this. You also could just ask for screenshots of the instance.

Level 8
Hmm.... OK maybe someone knows a good site for Black Temple or Outland screenshots? Like a gallery? I've been searching google up and down, but I haven't found anything real good.

Also, updated original post with pictures. Sorry about that.

Level 9
I like what your trying here. My WoW-time ended some months ago, but i found everything what still was in my mind about outland so i would say you've done a good job.

To solve your problem: The basic maps could easily be found on google and maybe some raid-vids could give you a generic impression of the look of some dungeons, but to get a detailed look you propably have to go through all the dungeons.

Level 8
Thanks but, and I'm so sorry I forgot to mention this! terrain was done by Zizuzazu. I take no credit for it. Sorry sorry!

Level 8
Sorry for double posting like this but i did some work on SMV this morning and thought I'd post a nice close up of it to see what you guys thought. Enjoy!

*Note, Zizuzazu did about 95% of this terrain, NOT me.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_112110_144432_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_112110_144432_01.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 421
Level 8
Well yeah I agree the edges are bad, but that's because we're trying to rush this out for a beta release by the 28th and smv is probably the most finished area yet, with 3 of them being no where close to this. So there's a lot to get done and didn't have time to make it perfect for the screenshot. Also, what did you see that was floating?

Level 8
Thanks for replying to the picture people but those rocks are supposed to be floating, if you've ever played WoW in Outland, you'd know why.

I might ask for your help on raid instances, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thanks for replying to the picture people but those rocks are supposed to be floating, if you've ever played WoW in Outland, you'd know why.
I think you misunderstood which rocks we were talking about. And if you didn't, and you meant for these to fly, I stronly suggest you use another model that has a bottom texture.

WC3ScrnShot_112110_144432_01.jpg

Level 8
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the help but you're mistaken. Those rocks aren't floating, at least in the editor they aren't. I haven't raised or lowered them and in the editor they're anchored to the ground, they were just rotating with the hill as the pitch angle and that other one are set to 1.

Maybe they appear to be floating from this angle, but in game they look just fine to me but I'll look into it and make sure, thanks for the tip.

Edit: but maybe I'm still not understanding what you're getting at. Could you explain more why you think those rocks are floating?

Status
Not open for further replies.