• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Out of Mana" trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to find out a way to make a unit get a certain buff when they run out of mana. But i can't for the life of me figure out how. It has to work for every unit i have, preferrably. But individual unit-types work fine.
I can only seem to find a way to do it for a single specific unit, using the unit - mana event....
Is there some way to make events like the Unit-mana event work for an entire unit type?

Level 4
  • Untitled Trigger 012
    • Events
      • Put your Events here.
    • Conditions
      • Put your Conditions here if you have any.
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - (Picked unit)'s mana becomes Equal to 0.00)

Level 1
Hm. While i marvel at the sheer possiblities...
How in the world am i supposed to go about this? I can't seem to make it actually do anything with the new trigger.
  • Broken Morale
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - (Picked unit)'s mana becomes Less than or equal to 10.00)
      • Unit - Add Wander (Broken Morale) to (Picked unit)
      • Unit - Add Broken Morale Buffsetter to (Picked unit)
I'm rather new with the (wc3) trigger editor and i don't quite understand it yet.

Level 22
I think I'm about to choke from the leakage. :grin:
Yes, that trigger leaks horribly. You need to make it a priority to look up a leak tutorial and fix that.

Now, to the reason it doesn't work.
You have this:

• Broken Morale
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - (Picked unit)'s mana becomes Less than or equal to 10.00)
You NEED something like this:

• Broken Morale
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions

Level 4
I agree to Ghan_04

to frostrose

You must put the
Under the Loop Actions.

Just telling if you didn't saw the difference between the triggers that Ghan_04 gave you

Level 19
Leakless way
  • LOL YOU DONT HAVE MANA
  • Events
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Loop - Actions
        • if (Mana of (Picked Unit)) is equal to 0
          • Then - Actions
            • if Level of (<Ability>) of (Picked Unit) is greater than 0
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Add (<Ability>) to (Picked unit)
              • Else - Actions
          • Else - Actions
            • if Level of (<Ability>) of (Picked Unit) is greater than 0
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Remove (<Ability>) from (Picked unit)
              • Else - Actions

Level 1
I think i get the general idea @ Need_O2, but i've been looking for a while now and i can't find any way of doing the "If (Mana of (Picked unit)) is equal to 0" part of it. It feels like i've looked all over... Where in the world is it?

Sorry if i'm being a bit of a noob about this =/

Level 2
If your problem still isnt fixed, you can make an ability based off an aura (eg. Devotion Aura) , remove all the effects, add the buffs you want and change the units affected to "self"
Then use the trigger:
Add <Ability> to Triggering Unit
...But then it would show the ability but eh

Level 12
Uhh.....

Why do you need it to run at .50 all the time???

[RAINBOW]It would be way more efficient if you used 2 triggers, one for everytime a unit comes into play, and the second checks periodically for 0 mana

The first one should also turn on/off the 2nd trigger if there are no more units with mana in play (although now that I think about it, it might not make a difference)[/RAINBOW]

Heh, rainboe tags xD

Status
Not open for further replies.