• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Order unit to cast Curse on trained unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

Ok first of all I use this trigger (look at actions - its different)
  • UnitIsTrained
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Banshee 0001 <gen> to Undead Banshee - Curse (Trained unit)
Now we need to make some things sure.
1) Set casting range to maximum
2) Set mana to 0
3) Set cooldown to 0.05
4) Set targets allowed to Air,Ground
5) Make sure that the Banshee has the ability

I tested it for myself - works!

Seas =)

Ok first of all I use this trigger (look at actions - its different)
  • UnitIsTrained
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Banshee 0001 <gen> to Undead Banshee - Curse (Trained unit)
Now we need to make some things sure.
1) Set casting range to maximum
2) Set mana to 0
3) Set cooldown to 0.05
4) Set targets allowed to Air,Ground
5) Make sure that the Banshee has the ability

I tested it for myself - works!

Can you please post the map so I can have a looksi ?! :)

I did what you typed there, and still aint working..

additional: be sure, that the banshee can see the unit (or the whole map)

Sight range is only available up to 1800
and black mask + fog is removed

Level 16
Seas =)

Wondering - I only change that what I said - I don't change something with the fog - just the 5 things. One thing - you need to but the banshee on the map - but I think you get it for your self.

So if it work for me - without every fog changes - maybe you typed something wrong?

Edit: Btw you can change the visible radius over 1800. Hold Shift and double klick. So you can increase the radius up to xxxx

Level 16
Seas =)

OK! ^^ now I got a other trigger:

• Curse
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Banshee for Neutral Passive at (Center of (Your Created Rect)) facing (Position of (Trained unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Trained unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
1) Create a rect at a place which no one can see in game.
2) Now - if a footmen is trained - a banshee is created - curse the trained unit - and the banshee is removed from game. So for each trained unit a banshee is created and can cast the curse.
3) Neutral passive is ok

4) Jeah my last trigger has the problem - that an ability got still a cooldown even if you set cooldown to 0.5 seconds. So if you cast the curse you need to wait for another curse. This trigger created every time a new banshee with non casted ability so this will work now =)

Level 11
Dummies must have locust, invulnerability and permanent invisibility with 0.00 seconds fade time. It must work, that's what dummies are for!

• Curse
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BansheeLoc at (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Banshee Dummy for <an enemy player of trained unit's owner> at BansheeLoc facing (Position of (Trained unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Trained unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BansheeLoc)

somebody said that dummies with locust can be damaged by triggers..... Even if you set cooldown to 0 it still wont be able to cast the spell because it has a default animation time and cast delay... a normal spell command to a dummy unit will cause it to cast the spell until the normal cast delay/ animation time is finished....

And dummies don't need perm.invi, just set the model to none.mdl or something that is not existent and set the shadow texture to non.

Try it, cast a spell then dont order anything to your unit you will see that the spell icon still has the green border around it for some seconds..

Status
Not open for further replies.