• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Orc Base - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Before I begin the finish the buildings and major details of the base, I want to get the layout and what I have done nice 'n neat. Tell me what you think!

Enjoy!

Pic1 - Screenshot of looking up at base before any buildings / doodads were placed.
Pic2 - Screenshot of a Volcano near the base.
Pic3 - Screenshot of the stronghold in the base.
Pic4 - Screenshot of looking up at base with doodads and buildings placed.
Pic5 - Birdseye view of base layout.

Added 5 more.

Attachments

• OrcBase1.jpg
    OrcBase1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 217
  • OrcBase2.jpg
    OrcBase2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 243
  • OrcBase3.jpg
    OrcBase3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 282
  • OrcBase4.jpg
    OrcBase4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 209
  • OrcBase5.jpg
    OrcBase5.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 244
  • OrcBase6.jpg
    OrcBase6.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 219
  • OrcBase7.jpg
    OrcBase7.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 196
  • OrcBase8.jpg
    OrcBase8.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 193
  • OrcBase9.jpg
    OrcBase9.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 252
  • OrcBase10.jpg
    OrcBase10.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Level 8
Very nice indeed! One thing I might suggest is change the grassy dirt tile to the village fall one, the orange one, it might fit in a little better with the 'dead' ground around it. You may also want to add a few areas of dirt or whatever to the cliffs just to break them up a bit and make them easier on the eye. Other than that though, very nice, especially screen 4, keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

+REP

Level 6
very nice wips with a good choose of tiles, looking forward to see the finished screens.
I wont give critique now since you probably know how to make everything.

Level 34
I kind of don't like the sand on the reddish dirt, although that's not that big of a deal. It does need more doodads and units maybe as Craka said.

Level 7
Well yeah, but it's a 256x256 RPG, so I can't use 500 doodads on the orc base alone, and the units aren't my job ;/ Thanks for teh comments! xD

Level 8
Ya know just the other day I saw the exact same images some place else.

Better watch out, somebody is thinking EXACTLY what you are thinking. Spooky

:grin: :grin:

I still find it wonderful btw.

Level 7
Well my comp broke and when I sent it away to get it fixed I left the TFT CD in it, and I got a new comp friday so I can't really do anything atm ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.