• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Old Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
So I decide to throw in an old video card into my Dad's computer so I can play WoW on it. I threw it in and got it working just fine. Then when I went to play, the game just shut down seconds in. It did this a few times, then I decided to let Windows update the driver instead of me downloading it myself. So I uninstalled my driver, and restarted the computer. Windows did it's thing, and I restarted WoW. It seemed to be running, but the portraits of characters were all white, and it fatal error'd after like ten minutes.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? The card doesn't seem to be on the list of incompatible cards for WoW.

I'll probably go buy a really cheap card from work, but I'd still like to fix this kinda.

Level 15
Besides a video card malfunction, I would suspect an unstable power supply. And to top it off, you can never go wrong cleaning out the computer and ensuring proper ventilation.

Level 34
Meh, too much work and it's still just an old crappy card. I'll just wait until I can get my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.