• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I'm not sure what you mean yet but is it something like this: ?
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Num5 as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to (String(Integer))
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Integer))
        • Else - Actions
This does not work yet btw

Level 33
A null value will return as '0'.
Meaning that, if a Player enters a value of 0, it will be treated as non-number value has been entered.
Other than that, the system can differentiate between number and anything (sign, symbol, etc).

Instruction:
1. Just enter any value (via chat) and it will show you a message whether you have entered a number or not.

Examples:
1234 is acceptable
1001 is acceptable
hey there is not acceptable
i1a2m is not acceptable
huhuh1003 is not acceptable
1003hello1002 will only accept the values before "hello"
0000000089 is acceptable (returned value is 89)

Attachments

• NumberDifference.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 37
Level 20
Meaning that, if a Player enters a value of 0, it will be treated as non-number value has been entered.
Other than that, the system can differentiate between number and anything (sign, symbol, etc).

Instruction:
1. Just enter any value (via chat) and it will show you a message whether you have entered a number or not.

Examples:
1234 is acceptable
1001 is acceptable
i1a2m is not acceptable

Okay... you make very good systems defskull =D

About your PI system: I thought I could change it to check numbers from 1 to 9999 (for example)... because I didn't know what the_blood is going to use it for...

But then again your NumberDifference is much better.

Level 18

Instruction:

Examples:
1234 is acceptable
1001 is acceptable
i1a2m is not acceptable

as always, you know what you're doing xD
Thank you so much, the problem was that when the player entered let's say ''.'' or any sign or letter, the game crashed, it didn't returned null...
But now, somehow, it doesn't crashes anymore, just returns null :D

Status
Not open for further replies.