• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nuclear Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Alright, so I made this pretty cool ability. there is a unit, who can detonate into a nuclear bomb.

I have the custom Nuke spell and everything.

The map flashes white, a custom sound of a nuke plays, and the map even pings where it was detonated [see below].

Problem is, I've been messing around for over an hour now, and I can't get the nuke to kill all units instantly that are within X distance from it. There is one unit however, that I don't want the nuke to kill, let's call that Building, Z.

What I need help with:
- Kill all units / buildings within X of the detonation point.
- Do not kill building Z [All players will have this one building]
- Damage all units within X + 500 of the detonation point. Dealing Y damage per second.
- For some reason the ping won't go on the exact location of the Detonation Point.
- Maybe: A way to slow down how fast the spell goes, if this can't be done it's ok.

Help please, and I will give thanks, and the + rep to anyone who can help.

Level 19
you can just base it off flame strike (for instand damage and damage per second)
and make building z magic immune

Level 9
This one is easy. If you could attach a map, it would save lotta work. I'm gonna make this later, as now I have to get down to work with Database project. :/

Well, I already have the map made. I would just need the trigger combinations.

You have AIM? MSN? Yahoo? Skype?

Level 12
mm
i dont have WE atm so ill just improvise:
it goes something like this

Event-
unit begins casting spell

Condition-
Spell being cast = nuke

Action-
unit group- Pick every unit within X range of casting unit and do multiple actions:
-Condition-
picked unit is not = building z [need to add one of this for every building u have that doesent want to be destroyed ie:
picked unit is not = building z2
picked unit is not = building z3 etc]

-action-
kill picked units

-else-
------
Thats for killing em
For dmg i suggest u make a new dummy unit [not selectable ie: add locust ability and no model to it + invunrable]
give that unit a custon permanant immolation that damages the area u want to do dmg in, and you can edit the dmg.
make a trigger to creat that unit 1s after the explosion [dont want it to die] for unit hostile?
This will ensure it does dmg over time to every unit close to it.

Also you can add an expiration timer to that unit so it goes bye bye after some time.

as i said, i dont have WE so i cant go into specifics...

any problems contact me :)

goes something like that :)

Level 9
mm
i dont have WE atm so ill just improvise:
it goes something like this

Event-
unit begins casting spell

Condition-
Spell being cast = nuke

Action-
unit group- Pick every unit within X range of casting unit and do multiple actions:
-Condition-
picked unit is not = building z [need to add one of this for every building u have that doesent want to be destroyed ie:
picked unit is not = building z2
picked unit is not = building z3 etc]

-action-
kill picked units

-else-
------
Thats for killing em
For dmg i suggest u make a new dummy unit [not selectable ie: add locust ability and no model to it + invunrable]
give that unit a custon permanant immolation that damages the area u want to do dmg in, and you can edit the dmg.
make a trigger to creat that unit 1s after the explosion [dont want it to die] for unit hostile?
This will ensure it does dmg over time to every unit close to it.

Also you can add an expiration timer to that unit so it goes bye bye after some time.

as i said, i dont have WE so i cant go into specifics...

any problems contact me :)

goes something like that :)

Let me try this out :)

Others - Feel free to keep suggesting :)

Any other cool effects would be nice too :O

Level 16
Try this trigger:

• Nuke Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Put your spell events and conditions above --------
      • -------- Now we will set 2 unit groups --------
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (Your Conditions)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit Group - Add all units of TempGroup to KillGroup
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 700.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) is in KillGroup) Not equal to True) + YourConditions)
      • Unit Group - Add all units of TempGroup to DamageGroup
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • -------- When all groups are set, lets make some action --------
      • -------- Play your sound and flash the screen --------
      • -------- Now, let's kill all units in killgroup --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in KillGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from KillGroup
      • -------- Now, it is time to do overtime damage to some units --------
      • -------- For this part, you must make acid bomb based spell to do overtime damage --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DamageGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder( GetLastRestoredUnitBJ(), "acidbomb", GetEnumUnit() )
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Last edited:
Level 5
  • Nuke
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • -------- Whatever actions are before --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within R_X of PT_Point matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Not equal to UT_Z) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UG_KilledUnits)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UG_KilledUnits and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 1.00
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Fire
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (R_X + 500.00) of PT_Point matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Not equal to UT_Z) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UG_DamagedUnits)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units of UG_KilledUnits from UG_DamagedUnits
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UG_DamagedUnits and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 666.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy_DoT for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Picked unit)
At the end you should clear Unit Group and Point variables to avoid leaks. (I don't remember the code exactly).

Acid Bomb - change it so that it only deals damage over time. and has no AOE nor manacost.
The Nuke also deals 666.00 damage here, change it to your value.

Make sure that Dummy unit has no model, no attack, 0.000 cast point and cast backswing, Locust and Acid Bomb ability.

I assumed that Z buildings shouldn't be damaged.

Level 9
Child, killing units is noob :D
The caster will not get any gold nor exp from it. And you automatically remove corpses. Lame :p

Not worried about money, but the corpse thing would be an issue... but yet again it's a nuclear bomb... Would anything be left of you? lol

Level 5
O2 is lame too, because there can be other Magic Immune units. ALso, the author may not wish the buildings to have Magic Immunity. ALSO, Flamestrike is hella laggy spell. ALSO, tehre can be flying units.

Child, your damage is over 9000 :D it can get weird if there are some let's say damage returning abilities (like Blade Mail Fatal Bonds or old Dipersion in DotA). By weird I mean caster instantly dying because of casting the Nuke (eve if he has 60 million hp). ALSO, a unit can be etheral so it will get no damage at all.

Level 19
nuclear bomb tells me that its a modern war map so I thinked that he wont use magic immune
If you use magic immunity you can make it not damage ancients and make your building ancient

or just nvm o_O

Im just saying that you dont have to trigger damages

Level 9
Set TempGroup = (Units within 700.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) is in KillGroup) Not equal to True) + YourConditions)

I can't get it to say KillGroup, it only gives me a preset option.

Nevermind. Let's try it.

EDIT:
Hmm, I got nothing. Didn't kill anyone or thing.

Edit: Ok I had a space in the script.

Now, it only kills the buildings, not the units instantly.
It also adds a footmen for each building blown up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.