• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] non multi-instanceable GUI -> multi-instanceable JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have an item called Goblin Rocket Boots which has a GUI triggered spell that makes you jump to target. The bad thing is that the spell is not multi-instanceable and has 3 triggers. As far as i know there's no way to make GUI triggered spell with multiple triggers to multi-inctanceable, is there? If there is please let me know. If not i'm asking someone convert it from GUI to JASS and make it multi-instanceable since i'm not familiar with JASS.

The spell is not very long and the conversion shouldn't be very difficult. (i guess) Reply if you're interested and i'll send you a map that contains the triggers and everything else needed for the item to work.

Here's a screenshot of Goblin Rocket Boots in business:

goblin_rocket_boots.jpg

Level 2
You should be able to make it multi-instancable if you use arrays. Otherwise its not possible.

If you have a variable like, GoblinUnit as a unit, that registers 1 unit for 1 player, make an Array of the number of players you have. Then you have GoblinUnit[#], the number can register as the player's number.

It gets kind of tricky but if you can figure out arrays its not hard to do.

Level 3
Yeah i know that. But the other triggers need the same variables too. for example there's a trigger which triggers every 0.01 seconds and i can't find a way that the trigger would always use the correct variables when many players use the goblin rocket boots at the same time. The 0.01s trigger doesn't know which array to look for. I hope you understood the problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.