• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

No Import WaterFall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This took about 30 minutes, tell me what you think. Updated-

61031177vc0.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
its kinda flat. plus it would look better with a sky and some fog. don't use blizzard cliffs either, they're terrible

Level 34
The waterfall is beautiful. I'm impressed. The rest is fugly. The trees go off into and ugly blackness. Not even a cool one, but an ugly one. besides blackness doesn't suit the terrain. The Blizzard cliffs are alright. I suppose you can leave them, but I still believe that a terrain always looks better without them.

Level 2
I think you both misunderstood. I wanted to know what you thought of the waterfall, not the trees or the fog. Just the waterfall.. Also what Blizzard cliffs?? You mean the edge around the water?

Level 34
I think you both misunderstood. I wanted to know what you thought of the waterfall, not the trees or the fog. Just the waterfall.. Also what Blizzard cliffs?? You mean the edge around the water?
Should probably have stated that in your first post. ;)

Alright then, your waterfall is good, but I'm undecided on whether or not it's supposed to be a large waterfall or a small one. It seems like it should be small looking at the bottom. The shrubs and such are quite large. Looking at the waterfall and the trees, it seems like it should be large. I would try and make the sizing more proper. Try making the rocks a bit smaller and the water a bit bigger.

Also you have some floating rocks and whatnot.

Level 2
Those original trees were just place holders till I imported the stuff from The Ultimate Terrain Map.

Last edited:
Level 10
set a sky and fog, gives an extra vib to the terrain, and those rocks seem pritty oversized.
Personaly i like the use of some Blizzard cliffs and this worked out perfectly.
on the other hand your tiling is bad, use more dirt, rough dirt and grassy dirt.
and then there are the mass scrubs in the water at the end of the waterfall they seem random,
beter remove them or replace them with bigger river rushes, Along side the water not in it.

gl with terrraining.

Level 6
you called it No Import... and you use imported trees... don't post it in this thread then. When it was no-import it would be awesome if you would work on the enviroment around the waterfall. With imports it's just, a waterfall. Also: use fog

Level 2
Another view..
forestfallsie5.jpg

Heres a picture of the beach area.. That still needs rocks and stuff..
beachvillage2bv3.jpg

Forest Area..
forest1lb6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 34
That last one is awesome. Really awesome. The updated side waterfall is really good too, but this last one is quite impressive.

Level 7
You're making leaps of improvements, I see. Keep following the advice of others, there's not much else I can think of to touch up on that. I really like the waterfall though, probably one of the best I've seen with blizzard's waterfall model.

Also, you get bonus points from me for listening to The Shins.

Status
Not open for further replies.