• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] No blink through gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Or have a region inside those gates and make a boolean variable to false as long as they are closed. When the gates open change boolean to true.
And then when the unit leaves that region, check if a boolean is true or false. If it's false, return the unit inside.

OK I can put a region behind the gate and check if the gate is alive(open gate is dead gate)
so it would be like

• Village
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink (Time Warper)(W)
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink (Temporal)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Iron Gate (Vertical) 0015 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • ???????????????????????
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions
How to check if the point is in the region?

Level 12
You could also make the area behind the gate not visible. I don't know the easiest way to accomplish this, but you could use the line-of-sight blockers and kill them when the gate opens.

Level 24
Are there any other units supposed to be behind that gate?
If not, you can add a pathing blocker using a custom pathing map to fill a large area behind the gate.
This will make all blinks, teleports, whatever search for the nearest valid place to blink to which will be on their side of the gate.
However this does mean that noone is able to be at the other side until the gate is destroyed (when you remove that pathing blocker).

I use this method in a map of mine and it works great, but the gates in my map are simply said, the edge of the map as long as they are alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.