• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

No Aggro when moving before ranged attack lands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello guys!

First of all, thank you everyone for reading. The situation is the following:

I am creating a map that has neutral camps. The units are created for a player with "computer" as controller. The camp behaves properly: Whenever I attack a neutral unit with a ranged hero WHILE standing still, they come to me and attack as usual, but when I attack and MOVE before the attack lands, I do not get aggroed and the neutrals just stand there. Of course, I would like them to attack and chase me as expected, but for some reason they just take the hit and do not attack my hero. I thought the vision range would have been the issue, but the vision of the neutrals is 1800/1800 and I can even run towards them (still being farther than the aquisition range of the neutrals) and they still don´t attack me.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, thank you!

Level 5
check units Acquisition range, you can find it in object editor then go to your units, it should be the first one in Combat. Acquisition range is how far they detect enemies.

Another thing you might need to check is, go to advanced then gameplay constant, scroll down to Creep-Guard Distance if it is low and your ranged unit hit and leave their guard distance before the attack reaching them they might not attack.

Level 1
Thank you for your response @Shunpomaster and sorry for my late reply!

Regarding the aspects you mentioned:

1. I want to keep acquisition range at 300 so that they do not attack me if I walk more or less near them. When I hit them with a 650 range attack while standing still they attack me like supposed to, so I guess acquisition range is not creating this issue. I can even attack and move towards the units (while still being at more than 300 range apart from the units) before the attack lands and the issue still happens and the units do not react at all and stand still with lower hp.

2. I tried changing the Creep-Guard Distance as suggested but nothing happens either.

Thank you for the suggestions, hope you or someone else has more interesting input regarding this topic!

Level 5
if this happen when auto attacking from a long range then you need to get a damage detect system, then make event when unit take damage, set the acquisition range of unit to 1000 or something then set it back. If only happen when using abilities just add to your ability triggers the set acquisition range to something high then set it back. I haven't test this yet but will do when I can.

Level 1
That's a great idea! Just scale up the acquisition range for a while when the unit is attacked seems to be an easy and good alternative. I will try it asap! Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this issue. Even if I do not understand why that issue happens at least I got now a solution to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.