• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

NFL Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This is for all of you football fans on Hive.

As of recently, the New York Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys in a divisional championship game, sending them to the NFC conference game, against the Green Bay Packers. On the other hand, the San Diego Chargers upset the Indianapolis Colts and are headed to the AFC conference game against the New Englad Patriots.

Now, here's my quick analysis of the matchups (bolded team names are my winners for that category):

Green Bay: Brett Favre, the old man, wins this matchup. The Packers' cornerbacks (Al Harris and Charles Woodson) are more talented than the Giants', and so I give this category to Green Bay, even though Eli Manning has been playing extremely well recently, I don't think he'll play as efficient as Brett against the secondary.
Green Bay: Although Ryan Grant has had trouble recently (2 fumbles early in the divisonal championship game), he will step up in the playoffs, and learn from his 'rookie'-mistakes. The Giants' running game isn't as stable as Green Bay's. Don't get me wrong, Brandon Jacobs + Ahmad Bradshaw is an excellent one-two punch, but Ryan Grant has played extremely well during the last half of the season, and will have a great game against this pass-rushing Giants' defensive front.Green Bay: Charles Woodson and Al Harris, both pro caliber corners, form easily the best cornerback tandem in the league currently. Plus, with the Giants rookie Aaron Ross injured[shoulder], New York might find a hard time replacing his valuable position.Tie: This is a harder decision... both teams have excellent defensive ends (Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila + Aaron Kampman VS Michael Strahan + Osi Umenyiora) and solid linebacking cores... so this one's a tie.Tie: Nothing much to say here... both special teams aren't very remarkable, so this one's a tie.Green Bay: The Packers will have an okay passing game, and a great rushing game. Ryan Grant will have multiple scores on the ground, and will be a major cause to the Giants' defeat (running out the clock late in the final quarter). Eli Manning and his receivers will lose the battle against the powerful Packers' cornerbacks (who might get a pick or two). Green Bay wins this by 10 points.
Passing Offense
[td]
Rushing Offense
[/td][td]
Passing Defense
[/td][td]
Rushing Defense
[/td][td]
Special Teams
[/td][td]
Conclusion
[/td]

New England: Tom Brady and the Patriot receivers have had a phenomenal year. After Brady surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most passing touchdowns in a single season, I doubt ANYONE would pick (a possibly injured) Philip Rivers over Brady. In terms of receivers, the Patriots are definitely more complete, with Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Benjamin Watson, Javar Gaffney (who are ALL extremely good wide-outs!), against the Chargers' receivers Vincent Jackson and Chris Chambers. Although these two have had good games recently, they are still nothing compared to the Patriots' passing firepower.San Diego: The Chargers' running game is great if Ladainian Tomlinson can get back from his injury in time for practice and Sunday's game. Even if LT can't get back, the Chargers have Michael Turner, who can sometimes break out. The Chargers' running game isn't great, but it's better than the Patriots'.Tie: Although the Patriots' passing defense has been powerful all along the year, the Chargers have a talented and fast secondary, which just might account for the Patriots' deep ball. On the other hand, the Patriots' passing defense is a veteran group who can easily adjust to the opposing team's changing strategy. That's why I call this one a tie.New England: New England's defensive front is an experienced and strong group of players who, despite their size and age, hav the speed to catch up to some running backs on short pursuit. For the Patriots to succeed in rush defense, Wilfork, Seau and Seymour will have to step up and clog the center of the field, so A.D and Vrabel can catch up to the backs who decide to take an outside route.Tie: Mike Scifres is one of the most talented punters in the game, yet Wes Welker is one of the most talented returners in the game. It will be an interesting matchup between the two... and thus I call it a tie.New England: The Patriots' overwhelming pass offense is too much, even for San Diego's quick pass defense. Even if the Chargers can block up the deep ball, Brady will look for Welker in the slot, or Watson over the middle (as he did in the last game versus the Jaguars, and he set an NFL record along the way...). After taking a large lead in the third quarter, the Chargers will lose confidence and turn over the ball against the Patriots' veteran defense. Patriots win it by 21 points.
Passing Offense
[td]
Rushing Offense
[/td][td]
Passing Defense
[/td][td]
Rushing Defense
[/td][td]
Special Teams
[/td][td]
Conclusion
[/td]

And in the grand finale, the superbowl, the Patriots will win in a tight game against the Green Bay Packers, and will complete their path to perfection! More to come after the the conference games.

So, whad'ya think? Submit your thoughts about the coming games, and please comment on my thoughts.

Level 11
I predict that two hours before the Superbowl someone will tell me that 'Team One' is playing 'Team Two' and that one of them should totally win because the other team is a bunch of losers. I also predict that my dad will watch tv and drink beer. I'll probably come in to see the commercials.

Level 21
when is the superbowl? can you get a next day superbowl with all the shit filtered out? u know, where they all talk to each other for ages, then do 10 seconds of running and 3 mins of adverts followed by more talking....i like when something actually happens, but not really understanding it or really caring to much about who wins, i would prefer a "highlight" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.