• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

new to forum, help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
huge problems with all editors
most editors wont load because they claim to be missing files
a few wouldnt load because they claimed my video drivers were mismatched and exit was the only option
any suggestions on best editors to use? i want to edit skins by the way
i use windows xp, nvidia vanta lt graphics card, soundmax integrated digital audio sound card, pentium III 800 MHZ processor and warcraft 3 expansion

Level 21
Stick with normal World Editor, don't even try going for the advanced one like we do because you haven't familiarised and got used to it completely yet. Don't think another WE has the abiliities to fix problems or be cool B) Try re-installing warcraft III and ask for support on www.blizzard.com NEVER install all kinds of World Editors unless your used to normal WE.

Skins don't miss files - they are basically .blp for overwriting blizzard's initial skin in your mpq. All you do to get them working in the game is to import them, add the path and the skin will automatically apply itself to its model. Done.

Make sure you have Warcraft III TFT - latest patch.

Update your video drivers and seek help on video cards or drivers on www.blizzard.com. This is a technical problem and I don't work for Blizzard so ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.