• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New TESH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I was wondering if it was possible (and how to) to create a new set of GUI options for JNPG that works with constants and natives instead of all those BJ's, or maybe a set of improved/simplified/easy-to-use Jass functions that already includes all of them so GUI'ers can take advantage of them.

Is it possible to modify the way Wc3 automatically handles the scripts to make it work in a better way? Or is it better to let people learn how to work with decent jass by making some leaking GUI crap over and over?

We could take the "CreateNUnitsAtLoc" and, using the same arguments, make it more efficient and leak free.

Last edited:
Why do always someone type "JNPG" instead of "JNGP" Does Jass New Pack Gen sounds good?

Well anyways, It is impossible,if you are that noob in that coding.

Ok,here is my suggestion, just code in JASS or vJASS or Zinc or Custom Text that relates Wc3 Trigger Editor to evade those BJ turtles. They are (excuse my grammar) f***ing slow(not in a human naked eyes). Just code with these languages,you don't need other functions to be cleaned as well,there are some reasons why Blizzard doesn't clean locations. Btw, just use CreateUnit(player, integerUnitType, x, y, angle) if you are not that contented with Blizzard's daughter. Come on bro,it is 2013,only beginners and bored coders do GUI.

Level 20
I know Almia, i just like "coding" and helping, so, I tough about modifying the way GUI turns into scripts, and modify the TESH to display the modified functions.

Level 16
Why do always someone type "JNPG" instead of "JNGP" Does Jass New Pack Gen sounds good?

Well anyways, It is impossible,if you are that noob in that coding.

And this is how a single typo dictates your status as a noob coder. Since when did you become like that Almia? The guy is asking about a perfectly valid issue with a benevolent will and you, without investigating his background, jump into conclusion that he is another newbie GUIer. How do you expect a guy who looked at WE for 2 days to know about leaks and inefficiency? Spartipilo here just want to help guys like that and he himself is well aware of the fact that GUI is nowhere near as good as JASS.

I am sorry if I offend you. I just want to voice out an injustice.

@Spartipilo: I am sorry I went off-topic. Anyway I think you are already working on this. I wish you the best of luck.

Im just irritated of those misspells. Sorry. Imma grammar critic.
Also for the "impossible",yes it was. Im a noob coder in terms of external programming.

Anyways, please just code in JASS or vJASS or Zinc or modified wc3 language. GUI is 75% unsafe and was slower.

If you are working at this,good luck then. Hope it will be proposed as a new language in Wc3 that outdoes UMSWE.

Level 5
I like the idea of enhancing the GUI. Functions for GUI would be plain awesome. Wonder why nobody made such a hack allready.

Well, if all you want is to be able to use natives instead of BJs in the GUI, it's rather easy, at least for the original editor. Blizzard gave us a nice interface in form of the TriggerData, TriggerStrings and WorldEditStrings.txt in the main mpq. You can extract them from your game, modify them and paste the modification into the Warcraft III/UI/ folder (create it if it doesn't exist) and the editor will use the modified file the next time you boot up. Most commonly used to add DestroySomething functions to the GUI, you can also use that to add trackable support to GUI, functions from systems you pasted into your map, or just all the natives. You might imagine, however, that it takes a lot of time to add all the natives by hand (maybe write a program that does that automatically given the common.j?). Also, i don't know if JNGP still uses this file, and also, you can not replace the existing functions with the native versions. And to give another disadvantage, nobody that doesn't also have these modified files in his folder will be able to open your map.

Sounds not so nice, but it certainly is better than nothing. I don't know if JNGP is open source, but if its not, you won't come around getting a debugger (cheat engine, olydbg etc) to do some advanced stuff.

Level 20
Well, Midna, I found a way to replace one fuction by another, so, using default "Destroy Effect" wich calls the BJ, now calls "DestroyEffect" and I placed as default "bj_lastCreatedEffect", but can't be selected from the list; it's rather just there by default. I also managed to add "bj_lastCreatedEffect" as a preset-variable. I found no way to replace GetLastCreatedEffectBJ() by default with some other value :/ BUT I think it would be possible to hide that DestroyEffect function, and create a custom one as we would want it.

The thing about the WE crash if files are missing really bugs me :/ We would all need an standariced file to work with and avoid crashes.

This post was about the TESH which doesn't display the modifications i make on Blizzard.j or common.j files when i Ctrl+Click the functions. I'm not sure what file I have to modify to make standar GUI functions behave differently. I'm discussing all the Script Handle in another thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...dify-wc3-gui-script-handle-236823/index4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.