• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

*New* Tauren Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey. im kinda new to this site just thought i might submit a drawing im working on atm thxs. :grin:
taurprac4small.jpg

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
you have some pretty extreme proportional and anatomical errors there. Take his left arm, for example, which is incredibly large compared to his right arm. I don't know if that's intentional though, but I can't imagine a use of such disproportional huge arm, it would ruin his balance and other things.
The fingers of the right arm are very messed up, they're what I like to call sausage fingers.
The perspective of the belly is wrong, because you see all the muscles from the front when the actual body is seen from semi-profile. Also the belt is in wrong perspective, the left button shouldn't be seen from the front like that.
Your line stile is kinda boring at the moment, because it consists of multiple small lines instead of a well placed clean single line, it lacks expressiveness (try to modulate it, make variations in the width and contrast of the line in key places like corners or apexes of curves and also make the things closer to the viewer thicker than the ones further away; you made in some areas the line thicker, but it's completely unjustified).
As for the coloring, the fur looks pretty good, the pauldron not so much (too clean and has no ambient reflections), but the main thing is that you focused on detail first, like finishing the head and the pauldron, and left the other areas untouched, which is a very wrong thing to do because you don't have an overall view of the colors of the image and how it will look at the end. First thing to do is to block in the main colors and values, and then start detailing multiple parts at the same time, don't focus on one thing then move on to the other. The image must come to life all at once.
Cheers and keep practicing, you're on the pretty right path for now.

Level 12
I really like the design. I hate the wc3 minos. The axe has a sweet design too. I like that the lower part of the blade is bent forward. Insperation from the Diablo 2 Hellslayer? Makes me want to make a model of it. With pretty vray materials. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.