• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New spawning pool model and queen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Some new models have been made for the Queen and Zerg Spawning Pool. Here are the comparisons with the right side of the images being the new models.

Spawning Pool:

UpdatedSpawningPool.jpg

Queen:

UpdatedQueen.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 13
I now see what the queen really looks like. On BW since it was a small shrinked model, i could see a fat flying pig, i didn't see where the head eyes was, it was like a flying blob.
This Queen isn't supposed to be like the one from SC 1. So the Queen in SC 1 does not look like this.

Level 21
I really got mixed feelings.
For one, the new spawning pool is really meh. Modelwise, the old one kicks the new one any day, especially when it comes to the zergy feel. I mean, really, modelwise the new one looks more cartoonish. Look at the damn horns/teeth/whatever it is!

Texturewise, the new texture is of better image quality, but of less overall quality IMO. Its quality is better because it obviously is much more refined. But goddamnit, it's purple! Red is waaaay better for zergs. Also recall how all zergs in SC1 looked really red?

Modelwise, the old spawning pool owns, texturewise, the new one is only better because it's more refined. I'm not really happy.

The queen:
Modelwise, I again feel really strange. What's up with the horns again? I mean, they grow at the weirdest spots and I really think it sucks. Get rid of the horns please.

Texturewise, the purple again. Oh, and the egg sacks look pretty bad. They look way too flat, not 3D enough. Other than that it looks more refined, but again: the basic idea of the texture hasn't improved (at the contrary), only the image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.