• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New skins and hairstyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
We got confirmed at BlizzCon 2013 that our character models would all be updated. Now Blizzard has also confirmed that they will indeed be adding new skins and hairstyles. It was also revealed that their original plan to remake the vanilla models first has apparently been scratched since it has been revealed that they're now also working on blood elves and draeneis.

What's your opinion on this, should Blizzard spend their time doing something else instead of updating their models?

In my opinion all models that came prior to the Cataclysm needs a remake since they really aren't up to date. I can't wait to see what my blood elves and troll will look like.

I'm all for Blizzard updating the models. When I play WoW I like to establish kind of an internal roleplay. Who is my character? What's his background? That kind of thing. The appearance of my character tells a fair amount of that story so I'd be pleased to be able to play with that a bit. Also, I'm an altoholic and spend a lot of time on the character creation screen.

I'm also going to throw it out there that I'm really excited to see the new draenei. Many of the other races we have an idea of what they will look like through certain bosses and NPCs (like Garrosh, the trolls bosses in Throne of Thunder, etc), but draenei is a bit of a mystery.

Blizzard talked a lot on BlizzCon about preserving the soul of the character so I would believe it would look pretty much like it looks now, just better.

I hope so, I'm personally a bit worried though. That's a very difficult task. I am struggling to imagine what this fancy new draenei will look like though. I'm used to my super low poly tentacles.

Level 24
I hope so, I'm personally a bit worried though. That's a very difficult task. I am struggling to imagine what this fancy new draenei will look like though. I'm used to my super low poly tentacles.

They did succeed very well with the dwarves, gnomes and orcs so I wouldn't worry.

They did succeed very well with the dwarves, gnomes and orcs so I wouldn't worry.

There was a thread on mmo-champion a few days after BlizzCon analyzing the female gnome and it didn't exactly portray the exact same emotion. I can't find it right now but it was interesting. I have confidence that whatever Blizzard ends up with will look kickass, but will it capture the same personality to the extent that they're hoping for? We'll see! I'm sure it'll be close enough, seeing as upon first watching the BlizzCon panel nothing stood out to me as being a problem with regards to this, but the observations on mmo-champion were valid.

Level 24
There was a thread on mmo-champion a few days after BlizzCon analyzing the female gnome and it didn't exactly portray the exact same emotion. I can't find it right now but it was interesting. I have confidence that whatever Blizzard ends up with will look kickass, but will it capture the same personality to the extent that they're hoping for? We'll see! I'm sure it'll be close enough, seeing as upon first watching the BlizzCon panel nothing stood out to me as being a problem with regards to this, but the observations on mmo-champion were valid.

Well that's good then since Blizzard takes a lot of feed back and mmo-champion is not a website that has skipped their gaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.