• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New [O]RPG !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm still thinking abaut a good name that fits the best, but I can decide wether I shall use some ideas i already have or think about new ones..

Here are some ideas I just thought about, got any better or like on of these? then let me know it.

Name ideas
(t)CoaL - (the) Chronicles of a Legend
(t)DoL - (the) Destiny of Legends
LottK - Lands of the two Kingdoms
Secondly I want to tell you guys that I'm seriously started a new Project, some RPG that should get awesome, but who don't wants to make a awesome very public map? ^^ hehe,
however, I stopped working on it for this month, due to some important exams. So I will resume the work in april, hopefully I manage to get some BETA version ready for you guys.. Meanwhile it would be good to have some suggestions.. like what do you like most on RPGs? Questing? PvPing? Just spending some time on it, killing and leveling? something other? What should every RPG have? besides Quests and the basics..

As a short Info:
The map is a little fusion between an RPG and a ORPG, it has both parts in it, at first you gonna start with some basic Hero, a Traveller, and walk around the Land and explore the first parts, where only one way will lead you. Besides passing by on some villages, forest-camps or villages you're still following one way. Of course, you can walk around like you want, and kill make Quests etc, but meanwhile you'll following some kinda Story. Later you may focus on getting good items to battle other players and maybe gather ranks (if i add something similar xD). The later part of the Map will more be, like exploreing the beautiful landscape, doing some Quests, and beating some Monsters and Bosses in Raids/Dungeons.

For some more Information about the Map visit: SlyRipper's Wc3 Site click on FORUM

I want to show you people more about the Map, about some features, like a custom Party System, the Job-tree System and more. I still want to keep you people interested in the map, looking forward to it, and giving suggestions and help to make it even better, therefore I made a little Teaser, a bit more like a Trailer due to it's length, but Teaser because of some very short impressions of the map.

Wacraft3: RPG Teaser

Last edited:
Level 2
This Rpg looks great.People mostly like dungeons so you should work on them.You can make some interesting quest chains,though people like questing. PvP is an important part of every rpg it would be nice if there are some arenas or battle grounds with a PvP System and some rewards.About party system it looks interesting :thumbs_up: .

Level 18
Yeah, the map will have some dungeons, and some cool items and sets, also some nice systems that makes playing more fun =) there will also be raids and single dungeons or similar things.. and mainly i try to make a lovely landscape.. there are some really good rpgs out there, but most lack of nice terrain or some missing parts, i want to close those gaps in terrain and the stuff that people want and the mappers don't do..

Level 18
Map's Job System:
secretorpgjobtreeew3.jpg

You will be able to choose your way for the Hero, what kinda jobs you take, and what spells etc you will get. To get much more variety in the game.
Here's one Screenshot, more are on my website in the Forum:
screen7ut5.jpg

Level 8
From what i saw in your forums I can tell that the terrain is gonna be beautifull for a playable one. And about the doodads limit don't use WEU because it will probably bug your map. Use JassNewGenPack instead. It will remove the limit and you can even use vJass which is what you should do if you know Jass.

I like the map, but i think in game the map wont be so nice, Because of the mountains, unless you have a good camera system, either way i will play it if you finish it. I forgot, dont make the paths lead you to the quest, or villages... make so that you have to explore the forest and find a dungeon in the forest, when you finish the dungeon you find someway to get out but not the way that you got in. Make it more free like any other RPG,ORPG.

Level 18
From what i saw in your forums I can tell that the terrain is gonna be beautifull for a playable one. And about the doodads limit don't use WEU because it will probably bug your map. Use JassNewGenPack instead. It will remove the limit and you can even use vJass which is what you should do if you know Jass.

im using newgen, because of the doodadds limit, WEU's unlimited stuff only works on WEU started maps, which this wasn't .. normally i use WEU but dunno, lost interest in it, and tried all with normal Editor, now im using newgen, due to the doodads limit.

@oziris
yeah i'm going to try that.. but the first part, for an upcoming alpha in april and the later beta, will just contain some basic mapparts and the first impressions of the map including 1st job advancement.. so the way will be given, that you have to walk. but if you get out of the mountains, the world will more open, if you lvl further and explore more lands and areas, the world gets complicated, which means, more ways will be given, some secrets, some more options to choose from and stuff like that.. till it's finally open rpg, with pcp arena, some cool raids, and and and you can totally explore and do quests to lvl a bit faster

Level 15
Terrain: 5/5
I personally think you should make a new clip showing the systems items and everything else, not just medivh walking around.

Level 18
this is more like a teaser, getting some first view of the terrain i already did, and some info about the map like some systems and cool stuff to make the video better

i dont have any time for now, so i will continue working on the map on april, for now i have importan exams i cant skip.. so.. this teaser should get people interested in the map, and giving me some suggestions and some impressions, that i can use to improve it when i start working on it again

Status
Not open for further replies.