• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New mapmaker looking for more advice/help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello fellow Hivers! So been doing a lot of research about how to begin map making and create my first map effectively enough. At first, I was aiming a bit too high to make big, high-end projects that I really have no experience or know-how to make at this point. These projects and their contents that I've put together so far for each are still available to me but all of them placed on the backburner until such a time that I gain the experience and resources needed to make the projects work like I envisioned them. By the way, thank you to all of the people who gave advice on an earlier topic I posted, though in the wrong forum. Rep has been given for Constructive and helpful advice.

Anyways, I have a few new ideas that may take less, how to say, effort or experience to make happen. PM me if you want to know my ideas and give more direct advice on them.

What I am asking now is, what type of maps are good starts for beginners like myself? AoS? TD? Any advice that is constructive and helpful is appreciated.

Take care and Happy Map making!

Level 19
TD and death matches are the easily.

death matches are super easy if you ignore all the items and abilities you need to makes to spice things up

and

tower defence is easy because no items but you need to be good at trig in order to create the waves

Level 5
Re: New mapmaker looking for more advice/help

TD and death matches are the easily.

death matches are super easy if you ignore all the items and abilities you need to makes to spice things up

and

tower defence is easy because no items but you need to be good at trig in order to create the waves

Okay, will look into them soon. Thanks.

Level 19
since we have this space to ourselves(no one else being interested) let's brain storm a few ideas.

I played a game called power towers. where towers need to be powered in order to do max damage.

now I have been considering the same concept, but instead of powering towers with power buildings, the tower draws it's power directly from your hero unit

the stronger you hero the more powerful the tower is... anyway what are your ideas?

Level 5
Well. My one of my initial new ideas was a sort of Warcraft version of Mortal Kombat. Pitting different heroes in a 1v1 match tournament type thing to move up to more difficult stages or heroes. My other idea is similar to that and kind of like Uther party where you can choose different mini games to play and select difficulty and bonus features and so on. Originally, I had huge project ideas like a single player WoW/Guild Wars 2 style RPG campaigns which would involve Complex programming/triggering etc... But as I said before, those ideas while may be awesome atleast in my head, I do not have the experience or know how to make them happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.