• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Negative Flying Height (From Animation - Change Unit Flying Height Action)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Maybe I am just tired... but I can't figure out how to get a unit to change to a negative flying height using the Animation - Change Unit Flying Height action... The unit has an amphibious movement, but I did add and remove a flying ability. Moving up isn't a problem with it... it is just moving below 0. Yes, the minimum height is below zero too. I can make the unit start at below zero, and then increase the height back or above 0, but I can't get it back down there. Everything else works just fine, I just can't get this one things to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Level 7
... I don't even think you read my entire post. I have no problem making a unit at a negative flying height, it is just the action that won't allow it to happen multiple times. No, I don't want to make it invisible.

Level 9
If you could explain why you want something to go below ground, it might help, because as far as I'm aware (and don't quote me) you can't set things to fly negatively with triggers.

Level 19
hahaha I am so imba I can make units fly below ground! :mwahaha:

this bug happened in a ladder game when someone used a tp and the bat rider chased a unit over the entire map
however you will need an imba workaround to use this for your diving system

I suggest using a dummy with a negative z offset
but in this case you will have to save every unit's model in an array to be able to attach it to the dummy
you also could use cyclone for this what can attach the target's model to any model at any attachment point but makes it invulnerable and unable to move too

good luck with these options and remember: D4RK_G4ND4LF told you this first :wink:

edit:
I attached a map with a dummy to set a unit's z height
however I'm not a model maker so there surely are some things I did wrong with it but it works
nevertheless I forgot to say that special effects only play bring animations

Attachments

• below ground.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 163
  • height dummy.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.