• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"Needs Fix" Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Having a look at the pending maps, I found out that most them are just "awaiting update" from ages. This is really terrible as they'll remain there congesting the pending maps section for no reason. I feel that some users just ignore their maps once they get a review which says "vote for needs fix". What I'd like to propose is to reject maps that have been left as "needs fix" for over a month (or another period of time according to what you think).
Your opinions?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Reasonable enough. I agree, a whole month is just about right.

Level 32
I think there has been a misconception. Voting needs fix / await update should only be a very small portion of votes. If the quality of a map is below average yet the map follows the other rules, it should be approved. This and last month there has been a high increase in needs fix maps. I did contribute to that problem when I was promoted as I used to set maps to needs fix than other moderators, but I have since changed that.

Secondly, I think your idea will backfire. With a timer on people's low quality maps, it will encourage them to actually update their maps if they might have not before. Many maps set to needs fix never update and of course stay in the needs fix section. We don't need more doing so that might not wanted to update in the first place.

The rejection timer will also will cause us moderators to be more busy with more frequent staff contact requests of moving their rejected map to pending.

PS.
Note that staff memebers can only see needs fix lists. There are 952 maps awaiting update.

Level 21
Hmm I suspected that SCN could be down on this idea.
Anyway, some changes are required. We cannot leave maps forever pending if they don't undergo updates from months. Surely, if we reject a map that wasn't updated from long time, we'll not hear a lot people requesting their maps to be set pending again. Such maps tend to be forgotten by users so it's just senseless to leave them to congest the pending maps section in vain.
I would still like to insist on this idea otherwise, in the future, 75% of the pending maps will simply be "awaiting update".

Status
Not open for further replies.