• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

need well conceptualised spell ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i need hero-class specific, well elaborated, spell ideas.

there is 4 classes: archer, mage, barbarian and paladin.
-----------------------------------------------------
example for a barbarian spell:

battlecry: (taunt+roar+bloodlust)
---
the barbarian casts taunt, making enemy units focus damage on him.
an instantly summoned dummy casts roar, giving friendly units nearby a damage bonus, and another dummy casts bloodlust on the barbarian pumping him up for as long as the roar effect remains.
---

stuff like that is what i need.
if anyone has any awesome ideas post em here

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Archer
Wooden stakes
Plants wooden stakes in the ground which damage nearby enemy units who try to walk through them. All units (friend and foe) get slowed massivly by walking near them making them hard to traverce so careful use is a must. They however have lowish HP and are easy to kill but rather pleantiful (thus meaning AoE spells are effective counters but melee units with slow attack rate are not). They also take damage as enemies walk through them based on the level of the enemy, thus stronger enemies or bosses might not be affected by them for long.

The inspiration for this was the good old longbowman from England. It basically allows it to tackle melee units from a range allowing the archer to take as little damage as possiable. The down side to it is that AoE attacks totally decimate them, and they also make allied movement through an area hard meaning they are not too team friendly. Also as enemies get stronger, the traps will not last as long as they walk throu them, thus bosses would not be as easilly slowed by them. The slow speed should be in the 80%+ so as to make them a real obstical, but no attack speed slowdown at all, as it might become overpowered otherwise. Casting the spell should make a row perpindicular to the hero and target point, so as it is like a wall more than a field.

Possiable level increase bonouses are stake hp, number of stakes, damage the stakes deal.

A good ballence I would recon is the spell has near no cooldown (15 secs) but costs quite a bit of mana. When recast it destroys all the stakes from the previous cast (to stop mine field approach) but gets refunded mana for every stake that was alive and had to be removed, meaning that it is not a long lasting fixture but a more mobile spell, usable strategically with little worry of mana cost (although it will still cost quite a bit but not that much to move them to more strategic places). For duriation, I would recommend 120+ seconds, as they are designed to me moved and recast often so it should not really be a problem in combat but also not a problem if the player decideds not to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.