• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] need versatil damage taken trigger for noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hi...

as my title says i need a polite jasser who could make a trigger for me...

i need some actions in my map that require a damage taken trigger ...

to give an idea ... something like enchantress does in dota...

ill explain...

i have some triggers the ones i need to fire when the target unit of the attack takes the damage not when the attacking unit starts the attacking effect (everybody knows "a unit is attacked" only works for the attacking unit at the beginning of the attack action)... i know this can be done in jass... but as i'm a jass Illiterate i need somebody to do it for me...

the problem is that i need to apply this to some triggers and i need it to be easy to change for somebody that doesn't understand jass at all... like me :/..

some ideas i have for this trigger are:

same as enchantress... deal more damage according to the distance between the attacked unit and the attacking unit...

a generic unit event involving a unit that takes damage and a second one that appears to defend him...

buff removal

and some other things that i cant remember now...

i guess that i basically need a trigger that sets into a variable when a generic unit is attacked (actually... when it takes the damage)

i need to be able to change that variable in gui and apply those changes into the jass script

for ie:

jass trigger saves into a variable when a unit is attacked by a hero who has certain ability learned ... after that i manage the damage per distance in gui

a trigger that detects when a generic unit who has some ability is attacked

and a trigger that detects when a unit who has certain buff is actually damaged (i need it to be generic coz this buff may be taken by any hero in game)

i guess thats all... i think that this is not very complicated... but i cant do as i don't know jass...

Thanks to all those who reads this and even more to those who can help my with my trigger

Yours

Darkrider

Status
Not open for further replies.