• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need some early morning help with freezing the screen (Trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Good morning! ;D.

So in my map in start there is a hero selection, Then after the hero is selected it gets teleported to a other place from where he can enter portals to spawn on different places in the map, I want the game to ''freeze'' after he enterd a portal, to show some information about the map etc, sorta like an intro.

Example: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/28299/

Help is greatly appriciated!
:grin:

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 064
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen> // use whatever you want here
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set group = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 5.00 seconds the text: Info
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_group)

Level 5
Thanks for this.. but its still not exactly what I'm looking for, since at the Event, there are 12 locations possible the hero can choose from, And I want the screen to be like cinematic, so black at bottom and top of screen.. Thanks anyway though! But not solved, yet.

Level 27
Wait, so you want to do it like that:
-A hero enters a region
-All units get paused, cinematic mode turns on, and you show some places at different angles.
-Camera returns to normal, units gets unpaused.
-Trriger is disabled.

Like that?
Well that's not hard, you can use Pause and Cinamtic mode trrigers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.