• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need people to help finsih my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Need people to help finish my map ORPG

Alright, I am making an ORPG final fantasy map. I though I was almost done. But now that I've spent time on THW and read through the tutorials, I realize I am not even close. I new nothing about leaks before joining THW, lulz.
I am currently giving the map a major overhual!
So far I've:
+Reworked Terrain (Doodad count lowered by 5000! As well as new areas added.)
+Removed Re8eL's Camera System
+Remade Quest Intereaction System
+Added Villager Responses
+Integrated Epimeliad's Quests
+Added Inventory System
+Added Mercenary Camp
+Added Different Creep Respawn System
+Added Attribute System
+Added Fishing System
+Added Smithing System
+Added Mining System
+Added WoW-ish Respawn System
+Removed Visible Equip System(Returned to pre-equipped hero)

I still have to:
-Finish terrain
-Rework hero system. I have decide to go with a guild system as suggested. There will be the three basic guild = Fighter, Mage, and Rogue. Heroes will now pick a guild and a class, instead of just picking one from the house they start out in front of. Hero's then may complete difficult quests and recieve stronger and powerful items available only to members of the guild. The hero will also gain an abilities that give him the powers and weaknesses of that guild.*Thanks to epimelaid for starting the darkness guild*
-Add an Arena. Since there is a PvP option, I figure there needs to be an arena to duke it out in.
-Add more normal quests, mulit-tier, and optional quests
-Add all abilities to guilds so hero's may choose them at the start. Also, make it so only hero's from that guild can learn the abilities.
-Add stronger guilds in other towns with better abilites and harder quest.
-Add single ability remove system
-Criminal System
-Reputation System

Requirements:

-Terrain:As I have noticed and as others have also, the map has become quite cramped. I need to go through and help make the terrain more open and playable. Also cities seem to be lacking. There needs to be more....flavor to them.

-Trigger: I need to go through the triggers and make them as efficient as possible. I have not done any editing, I have just done the basics to get the job done so I need to go through them

-Object Editor: I need to go through all enemies and friendly units and make sure they all fit in with their surroundings, and are balanced. New enemies and better bosses would also be most helpful. Also, heros need to be totally reworked as, once again, I only made them to test out the game.

-Quest: I need to add new quests.

Last edited:
Level 17
One of my terrainers left and cool_is_i is too busy to help so I need someone for that. I also need another scripter.

Attachments

• FFAdventure1Official.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 4
alright, can you make quests? ATM I don't need another terrainer but I will probably need one later.

I can do quests. Just give me info on what you want them like, and the map, and I can start.

Level 8
Hey, I've checked through your maps and thought I might as well help. I can do the heroes with their spell. And also can you give me permission to overhaul the item and spell steal triggers? I'll remove all the item triggers and replace them with a trigger that does the exact same thing. I'll also re-do the steal ability and make it more...playable and combine it into just one nifty trigger. As for the heroes, I don't really know what I'm suppose to make. So give me a concept and I'll gladly make it with customized spells.

A few suggestions I thought up while skimming through the current condition of your map:

-Don't use too much cinematics for quests as it will take a lot of the playing time. But if you insist with the cinematics, give it a skip thingy, so people not quite keen with the cinematics can skip straight through.

-The current heroes in available are quite boring in my eyes. There isn't a custom trigger spell except steal. And the names of the spell I find too ordinary. If you'll let me I'll fix that for you. (I can re-do the Geomancer if you want)

Lol, that's all I can think of at the moment. Let me now ASAP if you decide to give me permission to do the things above.

Level 9
Tester

Ill be a tester if u like. Heres what i got so far

I hate to say this but your map is going to fail. You need something.... Different. Try things that seem stupid. Be rediculous, you can alwase change things you dont like. Dont just focus on what the player is doing, rather focus on the enemy, the enemies scenario, who are they really? For example, mabey you might make a gigantor enemy as a boss. Why not make him normal size. Or why not make an army of really small units. And dont forget to make sure that the enemy interacts with the player. not just mindless killing. Mabey the enemy stole all the players items. Now the player has to get them back! Or mabey the player got stuck in jail. Now they have to find a way out.

Also i think the terrain is a bit bland. Its all so cramped. Why not try something like a large open field Or high mountains. Mabey even a desert, or a swamp. It all just seems, the same you know. Also the placement of towns is kinda boring. The town has no scenario. Mabey it could be stuck in a hill, like of lord of the rings, or surrounded by mountains. Or even on a deserted island! Think of something .

Finally im glad you want to make an rpg, but many people make rpgs. What makes your rpg so unique. And that goes for any type of map.

Level 17
Ill be a tester if u like. Heres what i got so far

Sure testers are always welcome. Did you test the map in my first post, or the one farther down. Because the one farther down is a slightly newer version.

I hate to say this but your map is going to fail. You need something.... Different. Try things that seem stupid. Be rediculous, you can alwase change things you dont like. Dont just focus on what the player is doing, rather focus on the enemy, the enemies scenario, who are they really? For example, mabey you might make a gigantor enemy as a boss. Why not make him normal size. Or why not make an army of really small units. And dont forget to make sure that the enemy interacts with the player. not just mindless killing. Mabey the enemy stole all the players items. Now the player has to get them back! Or mabey the player got stuck in jail. Now they have to find a way out.

Interesting. The map is nowhere near to being finished and as such there are still many more things to be done. I am waiting for a couple people to finish up their work and then I'll implement some things I've been wanting to. After that I will recruit a new wave of helpers to assist me.

Also i think the terrain is a bit bland. Its all so cramped. Why not try something like a large open field Or high mountains. Mabey even a desert, or a swamp. It all just seems, the same you know. Also the placement of towns is kinda boring. The town has no scenario. Mabey it could be stuck in a hill, like of lord of the rings, or surrounded by mountains. Or even on a deserted island! Think of something .

I am well aware of this. The terrain is only 50% done, if that. I still have areas to fill in, they are completely empty. I plan to: clear up the desert and forest, remake far left area, fill in all corners.
Or even on a deserted island!
I was actually planning to do this in bottom left corner. I also hope to give a couple towns a total remake. Specifically Far Right, Far Left, and Bottom Right towns. I'll admit, the rest of the towns can also use some work.
Area left to top city will eventually turn into a swamp.

Level 1
Beta-Tester

Hi, I wants to be an Beta-Tester too.
I Love Final Fantasy, Wc3 and RPGs ^^, i have many Ideas for making an Game and i know what a Game needs to be a Good Game. I'm from Germany so my English is not the best XD but its understandable :p.

If u want me:
E-Mail: [email protected]

just write me ^^ i'll help u as much as i can.

PS.: I can Host too if this is Positive XD. And i can make HPs With CMS or Without CMS, if u want to go Online ^^.
http://argony.bplaced.net/ <- This one is made by me. :D

Level 1
Tester

If you like then i would also like to test this map. The reason- i like final fantasy and any storyline i can find.
I just played the beginning of you map, just the choosing of the heroes. I noticed the following things.

In case of Blade master it is written he can learn Belief,........,defensive Aura. But guess what? He can't learn even a single of these. Same goes for the warrior.

In case of rogue there is no icon of spell summon spirits.

The person changes the Jobs But his appearance does not change or there are minute changes but the icons do change and the change in icon is too much.

There was a message "Loading Disabled" while i was examining the Jobs. What was that?

I can easily relearn my spells by just changing the Job. It takes away all the used points and gives me fresh points for reuse.
It is written in the chronicles that i loose all exp when i choose again. I think that is a little in conflict with the job system of ff.why? The skills could be leveled up by gaining skill points and the status are not that much effected by change in jobs, if i can remember correctly. so whenever i change jobs the exp gained should not be lost.

explain hero Re pick better in the chronicle. I don't understand what i have to type and when.

All the quests are in the chronicle are already in the chronicle, even before i meet the people associated with them. I am having a hard time trying to understand which is quest which has been given to me and which i have to receive. should consider the quest update system as is used in the original game otherwise any other player may have to cope up with the same problem.

will tell you other things soon enough.

Level 17
If you like then i would also like to test this map. The reason- i like final fantasy and any storyline i can find.
I just played the beginning of you map, just the choosing of the heroes. I noticed the following things.

In case of Blade master it is written he can learn Belief,........,defensive Aura. But guess what? He can't learn even a single of these. Same goes for the warrior.

In case of rogue there is no icon of spell summon spirits.

The person changes the Jobs But his appearance does not change or there are minute changes but the icons do change and the change in icon is too much.

There was a message "Loading Disabled" while i was examining the Jobs. What was that?

I can easily relearn my spells by just changing the Job. It takes away all the used points and gives me fresh points for reuse.
It is written in the chronicles that i loose all exp when i choose again. I think that is a little in conflict with the job system of ff.why? The skills could be leveled up by gaining skill points and the status are not that much effected by change in jobs, if i can remember correctly. so whenever i change jobs the exp gained should not be lost.

explain hero Re pick better in the chronicle. I don't understand what i have to type and when.

All the quests are in the chronicle are already in the chronicle, even before i meet the people associated with them. I am having a hard time trying to understand which is quest which has been given to me and which i have to receive. should consider the quest update system as is used in the original game otherwise any other player may have to cope up with the same problem.

will tell you other things soon enough.

Dude....that version is SUPER OLD. I have completely redone hero system.
I have ditched the visible-equip system, and gone to standard fully-equipped heroes. I have split heroes into three guilds. Each guild has its own bonuses and weaknesses. Abilities are bought from the guild. A hero can learn any ability from that guild as long as he/she is part of it. But some heroes specialize in certain skills, so they will receive a bonus for learning those skills.

Level 1
hey if that version is Super-Old then where is the current version? why don't you upload it here?
in your signature it is written FF ORPG - Check my Progress!" and that took me to this thread so i thought that the map present here is the current version.

Level 17
hey if that version is Super-Old then where is the current version? why don't you upload it here?
in your signature it is written FF ORPG - Check my Progress!" and that took me to this thread so i thought that the map present here is the current version.

Because they are still many bugs and empty systems that must be fixed for the map to be playable. I haven't finished ability system all the way so players couldn't even learn abilities.

Level 2
I am somewhat new here, but I would be more than willing to help out with terrain and writing.

Send me a PM and we might be able to sort something out.

Level 17
Update:
Sorry if I haven't gotten back to many of you. Progress has been really slow lately. I am currently finishing up main parts of terrain and then I need to finish ability system. After that I will be looking for quest-creators and terrain-polishers. I also may be looking for a person or too to help do the story. Once again, I apologive if I have not gotten back to you in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.