• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need help with Rikimaru's Smoke bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I created my new trigger similar to Riki's Smoke bomb
  • Smoke Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Smoke Bomb
    • Actions
      • Set General_Point3 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Generic Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at General_Point3 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Smoke Effect to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Smoke Effect for (Last created unit) to (Level of Smoke Bomb for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud General_Point3
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at General_Point3 using Abilities\Spells\Human\CloudOfFog\CloudOfFog.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_General_Point3)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Check_Debug Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Smoke bomb Check
        • Else - Actions
I've set the dummy ability (Smoke Effect) targets allowed to Air,Alive,Enemy,Ground,Invulnerable,Vulnerable

I can't seem to find the problem.. whenever I started to use the ability in team 1.. it works perfectly fine.. but when I use the ability in team 2... the effect only affects team 2.. I hope someone can help me with this..

Level 5
This ability is written like crap, and i mean literally (like Holy Light, hardcoded, we cant change targets)
IceFrog faced same problems one day, so i sugges to find open dota and trying to grab any info from there

Status
Not open for further replies.