• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help for use the models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, welcome to the hive workshop. We tend to speak english on this board, and your compliance would be helpful.
Anyway, to use a model downloaded from the resources section, you usually just
need to import them and remove the war3imported\ from in front of the texture.
Then assign the model to a unit\item.

Level 34
Download, unpack with .rar like into C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Model Map, that's what I have to dump my models somewhere and then go to World Editor, Import Editor, import all in that map and delete the ReadMe, no one reads ReadMe's and delete yes the war3imported\ away from it, save the map, restart WE and go to like Object Editor, make your unit and to go Model thinger, you see then the middle tab is available (there are the imported models) and now you can use those models.

With skins it's a other story, ask someone else for that.

Level 34
Hey, before you go ask question, I'm just a average WE-user (but not a modeler nor triggerer) and I'm not thát good at it, ask like Steel_Stallion or some other mapmaker. :)

Level 34
[Long silence]

Uh... Yeah.. You can get the chance to see them (instead of purple blocks) without restarting WE...

I think...

I only had that (problem) few times, though...

Level 6
Take note, some models require special pathing other then just deleting the war3import/ For example all of Black_Stan's texture pathings have textures/ in front of .blp files. Check the model's page were you got it if there is any special custom pathing needed for the said model. That is probably why you're not getting a 100% in working models. That or the resource mods approved a defuctional model >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.