• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Need help creating specialized trigger condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So basically I have a trigger that runs a skill which kills the caster and displays text.

Now the only problem is, I have another trigger that runs if a unit is killed and that displays text too.

What I need to do is create a condition that makes it so the second trigger does not run if the reason the unit is dead is because of that skill.

Can anyone help?

Level 14
Can you post the triggers?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/how-easily-post-triggers-163285/

You can try
Trigger - turn off death detection
-kill caster-
Trigger - turn on death detection

Here's the spell trigger -

• Suicide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Suicide
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
      • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) the text: |cffff0000One of th...
      • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 12 (Brown)) the text: |cffff0000A mortal ...
Here's the second trigger (the one where I need to add the condition in)

• Player Death from Environment
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
      • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) the text: |cffff0000The dunge...
      • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 12 (Brown)) the text: |cffff0000A mortal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.