• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need a very skilled terrainist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi guys, I have been working on an RPG for a couple months now, and it is awesome so far. It is an RPG that is pretty much created from my mind. I have already thought of what I want the map to look like and have drawn it on a piece of paper, but I can't make it 'caus my terraining is really bad. I have seen a lot of terrainers on this forum and all of them are... AMAZING. 1000 times better then anything I can do ;)

So will anyone please volunteer for being my terrainist? :D

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are 2 types of terrain

Beautiful terrain like what you probably have seen which is unusable in normal maps.

Practical terrain which is less eye pleasing but works well for normal maps.

I recommend using practical terrain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Most beautiful Terrains aren't playable, on the one hand, mass lag and on the other you have lot's of path problems, e.g. a unit should go downstairs or something similiar ... so beautiful + unplayable (difficult to make it playable)

Practical Terrain, if you read till here, you should know it already, it's created to be playable without any delay or lag ...

I suggest, as Dr Super Good, practical terrain.

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.