• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need a JASS expert to fix the map for 1.24b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
JassHelper reports 2 errors. Is fixing this against the author's rights? That's bad then. :/ (btw, I already fixed the map but due to my bad jass knowledge I had to delete a part of the function).

Level 13
Changes at all are not "allowed" without the authors permission.
Although it's a fix... I wouldn't realy care, it's only a fix... but the rules...^^

EDIT: Forget it, NO ONE will be able to fix this.
The problem has nothing to do with 1.24b, it shouldn't be playable at all.
I took a look, and there are several bugs that require to know each part of code and the exact way his entire chess system works. Find him, or loose the map.

Level 8
Dunno how you came up with that...
Jasshelper reported 2 errors:
1. there was "return" but no integer value after it, I added null... (just like that)
2. There was something wrong with addtriggeraction line, something with function parameters...I deleted it ^^

I tried to play the game and i worked. The problem is...I don't know if some bugs could appear because of my "fixes". I guess someone with JASS knowledge should be able to fix this easily..

anyway, if rules are strictly to go by I will try to contact him through e-mail..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I did no deleting of code, only ammending or adding to it to fix the problem thus all functionality should still be there.

Any bugs which occur would be due to me incorrectly patching broken logic which the map used (due to having to guess the output as I never tried that code structure before 1.24).

Status
Not open for further replies.