• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need a bit of help, Making a unit rotate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I want to make a line of wisps, that rotate like a clock hand.
Ive seen this in other maps, so I know it can be done.

By the way, this is for a maze. If that helps at all :D

Level 5
I think what you really want is them to move in unison. To do this you'll have to trigger their patrols in whatever design you want and make sure they align correctly. As one of the wisps enter a region order them to go to another one so it loops around.

Hope that made enough sense for you :)

Level 2
So.. I really have to set regions and tell a wisp to move to mutliple regions. then make new regions for every wisp. Then edit the unit speed so the ones on the outside keep up with the one son the inside? :/
I was afraid of that :p

Level 2
Well, the forums dont let me edit my posts. -_-;

But anyways, the trigger maker isnt really working.
I put it into my map.
And it keeps saying I have compile errors.
>_<

Level 11
Post the map (even though it errors, it still saves) and we'll tell you what you did wrong, I doubt the program itself is bugged.

Level 11
Ok listen, obviously this thing needs a readme file.

I'm making something small to explain how things thing works presently.

Ah dang. I don't have time to make something that fully explains how it works. Please check under the help section of the program. The init trigger name should be the same as the trigger name. Also you need to declare the variables for it to work. You can't just ask it to work. (Though if I could figure out how to use SFMPQAPI I could make it a heck of a lot easier)

Level 2
Well, I figured it out. But it turns out this isnt what I was explaining :[
But I have a new idea for my map now.
Thanks.

Another thing, is that my line of sight blockers wont work. I dont want anyone to be able to see over the walls, untill they are inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.