• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nation State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Nation State

This is my first map, which doesn't translate into 'this map is s***'.

It's a game that revolves around the government, who is an elected (or not) player. Players are citizens who can engage in numerous activities that fulfill that role.

Here's some features:

- Players can type -register to create and name their own party. Every 6 minutes, all players are given a dialog box allowing them to vote for a party. The party with the most votes wins.

- The type of government chosen affects other areas of game play. For example, there may be less jobs, higher taxes, even no elections at all and slave labour camps.

- Dying results in a defeat, where you are kicked from the game. This introduces a new dynamic into the game; players will no longer troll by constantly resurrecting, as is done in say, fantasy life. There are also no spells or magic, it's loosely realistic. That means no fantasy creatures either.

- Stamina system. Since death is permanent, certain units will be able to target a player's mana, which in this game is the player's stamina. When a player's stamina reaches zero, they pass out for thirty seconds, allowing for an easy arrest or mugging etc.

- Interactive world map, currently undecided on whether it should be hostile or not.

Evidently, this isn't a game that can be won or defeated. The focus will be on enjoying the game whilst earning money, fighting, rioting against the government and running businesses.

I'm desperate for ideas, so if you think of anything, do tell. After all, I've only a vague idea of the final form this map will take. Most of the above features are complete, including the triggering for elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.