• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naga Shores, Need a review...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Naga Shores, Reviews

This is currently being created by me, just me. :slp:
Its only about one/eighth of the way done. :hohum:
I need some reviews from you guys.
Pretty much the map is all about, an alien race landing on your homeplanet. Plotting to destroy it, your job is obviously to go through the whole planet, In this case is one big trail, its like a progressive, hero RPG game. I wouldnt exactly call it a RPG but its similar. You dont wander around, you group with friends and take the enemies down one by one. Like I said one big trail.
Most of the heroes are unfinished but will be done soon.
All of the credit goes to Jigrael and Dickxunder for the models.
I am currently trying to make multiple trails that lead to different monsters and treasures to make gameplay a little bit more interesting.
If you have any ideas, or have a review (How you like it) Please Post. :grin:

Attachments

• Naga Shores 0.2.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 3
The Idea of the game is to group with friends thats why the creeps are strong, the fog goes with the envoirment, is it still bugged where its pure white screen? I think I fixed that, and the chieftan was an accident, I removed him, he was for testing a cinematic that I never added. :eekani:

Level 3
Okay here are some: These may not work though xD,
By the way, would anyone like to test it with me, some time, when my work has progressed?

Attachments

• Edited 01 WC3.JPG
    Edited 01 WC3.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Edited 02 WC3.JPG
    Edited 02 WC3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 7
Heya, ok It's hard to give feedback when its only 9% complete but overal i think it needs more *excitement factor*, like I was killing the same looking monsters :all naga based and it got old fast. Add more creep unit variation.

You say its based on the naga so i assume it has stong ties with wc3 so why not add alittle of the naga backstory into it? It will make it appeal much more to wc lore fans. And to pick up with the excitement point the game needs some kind of goal, maybe like the naga home land has been overun by some other race and you need to kill their leader or something. (night elves bent on revenge perhaps?)

I liked the secret places bonus part, but imo you should make it more obvious when you've found one, maybe like play an effect or something. Also one thing I noticed and I always look for this in maps) is the terrian, it needs work to make it look more nateral. The fog is abit ott aswel, its way to thick imo.

Overal it looks like its shaping up to be a nice map, would like to play it when itc complete and I hope this review has helped.

Level 3
Thank you so much for the review,Marshmalo.
I'll be sure to edit those things.
You have to remember its just me doing it. :razz:
I'm not that great of a terrainer.
And about the creep variation, its, 2 Normal creeps, and 1 boss for each level, (or trail) of creep.
Im going to bed now, (7am).
I'll see you tomarrow, again thanks! +Rep +rep. :grin:

Level 3
I agree Vel, I'll change the level one creeps, but I'll keep the level two creeps naga hunters, because murloc's are too weak of looking creatures to have alot of health. :razz:

EDIT: I will also try to increase the time it will take to finish the trail, giving more exp and items.
I already made level one longer, but If I want to make level 2 longer it will need me to reterrain the whole base and trail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.