• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naga Request/s (Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok, I have been busy tweaking with the Naga race thing (65%), but I have come to your help again!

Here are my requests:
-A "mini" version of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/drake2-49875/?prev=c=6&t=1&r=20&d=list&page=2 (like some drake or whelp) with different style. (include icon maybe)

-A super-duper bad-ass dragon turtle (yeah, for mah ultimate cause turtles are superweapons). (with icon, as always)

-An icon for a supposed coral golem. (I did requested for one; i forgot the link)

-a mechanical (underwater ruin style with coral stuffs) siege unit (yeah, icon please)

Well, it's really okay if this is useless, but I please, do give a little concern about this~

:grin::grin:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well generally, you have to understand that everyone wants things. Wants models, wants art, wants code for spells, etc. Since everyone wants things, and relatively few people can make things, the Supply heavily outweighs the Demand.

In that "economic system", you'll find that it's a "seller's market"; artists have the ability to pick & choose what they will do, and the onus of persuasion falls to the request-er (i.e. you don't see modellers going around saying "pick me, pick me!"; you see them either "open for requests" or not, at their pleasure. And you see TONS of "help me with X" topics. Like this one. :p). Given that burden, it falls to the request-er to create the most attractive offer & presentation.

One element of that is the literal presentation; how is it worded? Any pictures? Any details? The less there are, the less likely it will be made (just a rule of thumb, not necessarily true 100% of the time). The other is "interesting"; how interesting is the request? Notice you see TONS of heroes, units, sfx, etc... But how many Building models are there? Not a whole ton. They just generally aren't as interesting for most modelers.

Another element is "will this actually be used"; i.e. most artists don't like to just make stuff for random people that will never actually finish. It's often a given that you have to have something to show for your work, and then you can start getting some custom help. Otherwise, imagine how many artists would've wasted their time with the (doubtless) legions of users who didn't end up finishing/releasing?

Case in point, I've only just begun truly "asking" for help on some of my stuff (for my Jungle Trolls); primarily because I don't have much but writing to show for it (at least, not that I'm willing to show... yet. :p). I've got a fair number of resources already, but everything has been given to me, or I've found, or made myself. I haven't truly "requested" more than a few things, and only in recent past when I felt more self-assured that something would come of it.

Anyway.

Level 7
That's a very long reply you got there. Well, I got your point, but what I can assure is that this map of mine has been green-lit by me. I now got most of my resources, thanks to my humble collection and patience.

If you would like to see, and participate, you would find a thread of mine in the Idea Factory section. I'm now in set. I might have been inactive sometimes, but it was because of schooling and responsibilities as a student leader.

I had taken a liking to the Naga race because of its aquaculture and unique race. For me, it has that exotic "flavor", perhaps, that has intrigued me. I can't blame the other artists to be not interested in these amphibious creatures. And yes, if I am an artist, I would personally pick with the best presentation, and no, for helping is universal for those who are organized and not organized.

And as I have aforementioned earlier, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/naga-map-idea-254390/ .

I was posting for a quick help to have a custom ground texture for the Naga, but anyway--

Status
Not open for further replies.