1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins is out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. The music contest has been revived! Vote for your favourite theme in the Music Contest #5 Theme Poll
    Dismiss Notice

My new terrain art

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Dr. House, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Dr. House

Dr. House
    i made alot of things now and all of them are bad on this 3 things i tryd my best plz tell me what you think of it and what could be better :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. redscores

redscores
    Floating trees, much too flat the first and the second one, much too low environment doodads, low afford at all. Nothing good at all.

The Second one is the only one which is a bit better.

3. Dr. House

Dr. House
    man first of all you dont give any tips to make it better second of all are you always cranking people of when thay try to make somthing ok you can say its flat or somthing but comone man...

4. redscores

redscores
    Ehm, if i say it is too flat put some hills etc in, if i say floating trees, lower them. If i say too low doodad usage, use more doodads, whats so hard to understand on that?

5. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Theres nothing really hard to understand about it but come on man, give him a break, he tryed he's best to do something this time around, say it in a nicer way and everyone will be happy :p Now i agree on the flatness on the two first ones, in fact, try to never leave any ground completely flat, allways have some variety, but dont overdo it either, and the trees on the hills in the third one is indeed flating, lower them and it will look better.

6. Aidyn

Aidyn
    its called criticizing, get used to it if you're going to terrain!
    I only wish people would criticize mine! Its almost like mine is average and theres nothing to say... :(

7. Gilles

Gilles
    It looks like warcraft 2! :' (

8. Aidyn

Aidyn
    :O lol it does

really pixely and stuff! >.<
    but i like the setting.

9. HermanTheGibbon

HermanTheGibbon
    I actually quite like the texturing in Screenshot 3, got a kind of 'spring-time' look to it, so good job on that. They all seem to be somewhat lacking in doodads however, just chuck a few environmental doodads (like rocks, flowers, shrubs and so on) in there to fill it up and make it look nice. The grass doodads you did use don't really fit with the Barrens tileset either, so change those to make them blend a little easier :thumbs_up:

10. Dr. House

Dr. House
    ok ty now i know what i can do better. a btw about the resolution is big problem my video card sucks and even when i put evry thing in world editor on high its still shit

11. Dakho

Dakho
    The only bad thing about the first one, imo, is the flat ground but enough about that. I think everything else was well done, just remember to add some height n such :wink:. And yeah, ctrl+page up/down to raise/lower doodads, since those trees are kinda floating about in the third screenshot. The second one is a nice look, good use of the orgrimmar wall.

12. Dr. House

Dr. House
    ty yes i know the first on is flat so i gona change that and the doodads afcourse.