• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Music Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Just go to the Sound Editor. Go to music, find the track you want, then click the Use As Sound button. Then use triggers to make the song play and stop as desired. If you need help with the triggers, I can set something up for you.

Just go to the Sound Editor. Go to music, find the track you want, then click the Use As Sound button. Then use triggers to make the song play and stop as desired. If you need help with the triggers, I can set something up for you.

Well thx. I already know everything i need about the sound editor, but you got the point, my problems are the triggers .... I just can't do it in an efficient way please any help would be very appreciated.

Level 24
I think he might want to use them as normal in-game musics? (the ones you listen to when you're playing melee, they randomly play)

Well if thats the case, then heres a trigger that should work, its just off the top of my head though so it might not work. This trigger will play the songs randomly.

• Music
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Music = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Music Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Sound - Play HeroicVictory <gen>
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Music Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Sound - Play Human1 <gen>
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Music Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Sound - Play Orc1 <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait (Length of (Last played sound)) seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)
And the variable Music is an Integer by the way. Now the next trigger will play the Sounds in a specific order.

• Music Non Random
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play HeroicVictory <gen>
      • Wait (Length of HeroicVictory <gen>) seconds
      • Sound - Play Human1 <gen>
      • Wait (Length of Human1 <gen>) seconds
      • Sound - Play Orc1 <gen>
      • Wait (Length of Orc1 <gen>) seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

Thx guys, i want the music to play normally as a game normal music while you are playing the game. Problem is it can not be random either =s that would destroy the game's "ambience" if you understand what i mean =S

EDITThx by the tips BOb and the other, they really helped =)

EDIT EDITWell, your trigger didn't work so, here is mine that does work, it just needs an event =)

• Music
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play PH1 <gen>
      • Wait (Length of PH1 <gen>) seconds
      • Sound - Play War2IntroMusic <gen>
      • Wait (Length of War2IntroMusic <gen>) seconds
      • Sound - Play HumanX1 <gen>
      • Wait (Length of HumanX1 <gen>) seconds
thx

Last edited:
The intention was never to play random, but thx =)

ALSO is good to see Portuguese people in the same website =) ( i am from Portugal as well RUI !! )
In my opinion Portuguese people are not map makers by preference, they are more like dota noobs and ladder players :piru:

+1 rep to all who helped me =)

Btw, (message in Portuguese: Yo Rui, bom saber que és dos nossos) = Yo Rui, good to know you are from the same country i am.

Status
Not open for further replies.