• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Music On Map Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey guys, I'm the epic guy. Anyway just wanna ask if you know how to play a music once a map in the list is selected. If you don't know what I mean then try opening some DotA maps. In Single Player, once you click the map, a different music automatically plays. While in LAN the music plays once you choose Create Game. How do you do that?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Like footy said, use the force :)

Level 15
Its probably the file type used/imported in the map, although I dunno how they do it. Is it v6.77c AI 1.4c Rev2? its awesome.

Nope not an imported file. I really want to know those musics' titles , I definitely tried to know how they were imported and used.

I think it's v6.78 AI one, the music is just awesome and fits a magician game for example Trine or Magicka. But seriously, I am trying to know them, if anyone knows, please tell me :':)vw_death:

Level 11
@jonhysone, It's actually a Warcraft 3 local file, it's not from another game. If you will play the orc campaign in TFT (Rexxar's quest), you will hear that music as the intro. I don't really think it was imported, 'cause we all know that sound files that play that long will surely eat up space, and we all know that IceFrog is not that type of mapper. I think they just changed the sound of the map selection, you know like when you click a map, a ticking sound will play, I think they just replaced that one. I don't know, I tried the "Game Interface" but no luck.

Level 15
I am sure it isn't imported , and if you want to know how I realized that -_-
then I deprotected Dota 6.78 AI \: , I know it's illegal, but I do anything for Music hehe. I found only 'kill' sounds such as first blood ... etc
So it must be a local file, it also has a great quality so it would eat up space as karassu said.

And yes, it was like magical shit then it became taking an orc template rythm ... The title plehz !

Level 11
Alas Pussy Cat! How'd you? I knew it, you don't need to import a music file, but just change the path of sound played when the map is clicked (considering the file size of DotA map). Yeah, but my problem was I didn't know how to do it... Thanks to you pussy cat! Importing a war3map.j with the path of the music did it. Here have this virtual yarn ball *.

EDIT:
Okay, for those who do not know how to do it, this is how:
1) Using an MPQ browser, export your war3map.j, open it with notepad then...
2)
//Under this line:

function config takes nothing returns nothing

//Add this line:

call PlayMusic("Sound\\Music\\mp3Music\\OrcTheme.mp3")

//.mp3 file is just an example, you can change it with another Warcraft 3 sound.

Last edited:
Level 22
What costs 1 MB? If it's the .j file then you can use map optimizer to reduce it's filesize and re-import it using an mpq editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.