• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Multiple models in one casting?

Level 5
I find it curious that the Art - Target section of a spell allows you to put multiple instance of models to it, but from what i remember only the top model were used when casted. Though, would there be way to use the multiple model instances that you put to it? It would be a really great addition to anyone who are making spells based on Rain of Fire/Blizzard and ESPECIALLY Starfall!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm pretty sure the multiple Art models is more of an ability specific option.

But the good news is that all of those abilities are very easy to trigger, I attached a map showcasing a custom Starfall that can have as many different Art Effects as you want. You're in full control to change every single detail about it. Maybe you want it to apply a Slow debuff? Maybe you want it to scale it's Damage with Intelligence? The possibilities are endless.

Attachments

• Custom Starfall 1.w3x
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
Level 5
Forgot to say great thanks AGAIN for the help, and while we're still at spells, is it possible to use Spellbook as a way to pass the item ability limitation of only 4 ability? So for example right now i placed down 6 passive ability to the spellbook -which in this case seems sorta buggy judging from how some of the button doesn't display correctly- and then i want to use that said spell book to an item, would that work? Also yes the ID is already different to one another so it's all good to go