• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Multiplayer with HQ models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi all.

I just took a better look at the chaosrealm and found some very nice HQ models.
Some of them are amazing and require only 500KB... yes only 500.
Others require 10 times as much with the highest that I noticed so far being 7,3MB

However they are amazing and I would like to use them in a AoS map... and they have to be played on mutiplayer.
I thought that the limit on multiplayer maps is 2MB... that single model has almost 4 times that amount.
Is there any way of playing the map with those models anyway?

The limit is 8MB and yeah check my signature out. Just tell the lazy people to either learn and use local files and move the epic HQ models to their directory and a file folder you stated your using or tell them just to go away. =)

Dat-C3 said:
Don't try to do exact path locations, it doesn't work. Stuff like C;/bla/bla/Warcraft... Just put it in your default wc3 folder..

So for example you name a folder HQ
Then put it into your main directory for wc3 and you can access it if you got local files turned on. HQ\name.extension
HQ\epicpeasant.mdx

Level 7
I don't know if this useful but: If you want your map to be more low-sized. You can download new Game.dll (Map Optimizer) in THW tools. Then, back up the old Game.dll and change the Game.dll with the new one.

You haven't seen the "Silvermoon City Model" at WC3 Underground its +13MB!

Level 24
Even with the map optimizer (which I indeed already knew) I would turn out at 40-50MB together.

WC3 underground is not up... it is underground :D
No really my browser sais that it is offline.
But I assume that it is a building or something and there might be a model with an even larger filesize. However that 9,5MB is of a single unit model.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
btw we got a new record: 9,483 MB
For a single model that is impossible since no 32 bit application could load it (they are limited to at most 4,096 MB virtual address space). The file is so large that it a lot of partition formats cannot store it. Most old applications will error trying to load it as they only have 32bit size fields. You might find the model is corrupt and bloated with garbage. WC3 certainly cannot read it since the MPQ archive is limited to under 4,096 MB (only WoW and later support larger).

That or you are posting non-English numbers on an English site... In which case you meant "9.483 MB" which is a lot more reasonable than a 9 GB model.

WC3 is not designed for high quality models. They could result in poor performance, visual glitches and possibly even bugs. SC2 on the other hand has no problems with such models and even supports their distribution in multiplayer via mods.

Level 24
That or you are posting non-English numbers on an English site... In which case you meant "9.483 MB" which is a lot more reasonable than a 9 GB model.
Yea I use the "," for decimals if I can... I can't when coding for example.

For a single model that is impossible since no 32 bit application could load it (they are limited to at most 4,096 MB virtual address space). The file is so large that it a lot of partition formats cannot store it. Most old applications will error trying to load it as they only have 32bit size fields. You might find the model is corrupt and bloated with garbage. WC3 certainly cannot read it since the MPQ archive is limited to under 4,096 MB (only WoW and later support larger).
So it is not 4GB no.
(I should have extracted the .zip files before posting though.
The largest model that I downloaded was... to avoid any misunderstanding, 5.536.872 bytes (5.536,9 || 5,5 MB)

WC3 is not designed for high quality models. They could result in poor performance, visual glitches and possibly even bugs. SC2 on the other hand has no problems with such models and even supports their distribution in multiplayer via mods.
But the makers still say that it is meant for WC3.

Level 3
I don't know if this useful but: If you want your map to be more low-sized. You can download new Game.dll (Map Optimizer) in THW tools. Then, back up the old Game.dll and change the Game.dll with the new one.

You haven't seen the "Silvermoon City Model" at WC3 Underground its +13MB!

You mean this?

Yeah, it's massive but it's so cool you can't help but want to use it at least once. For the glory of the Sin'dorei!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
5.536.872 bytes (5.536,9 || 5,5 MB)
English only
This is an english only site. All public statements must be in english.
All those numbers make no sense as they are illegally formatted. In English the '.' is the fractional separator while ',' is used to separate groups of 10^3.

Yea I use the "," for decimals if I can... I can't when coding for example.
That is because most programming languages were developed by Americans which use English formatted numbers. The ',' grouping character is generally not used in programming languages as it has an alternative syntax meaning (it would make parsing numbers as arguments ambiguous).
But the makers still say that it is meant for WC3.
You could make anything that loads and say it is for WC3. That does not make it sensible or practical. For example you could have a map with only 1 cliff type and 1 tile type however that generally is not very good for a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.